Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically think that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a couple of minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you presently consume plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to crab and sausage cornbread dressing recipe. To make crab and sausage cornbread dressing you need 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing:
- You need 6 Boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.
- Get 6 of Eggs.
- Get 2 Cups of Milk.
- Prepare 1 Lb of Jimmy Dean or Park Sage Sausage.
- Provide 1 Lb of Lump Crab Meat.
- Prepare 1 Box of Chicken Stock.
- Get 1 Qt of Buttermilk.
- Provide 1 of Each Diced Red, Yellow, Orange Peppers.
- You need 1 of Large Diced Onion.
- Prepare 4 of Large Chopped Cloves Garlic.
- Prepare to Taste of Poultry Seasoning.
- Prepare 4 Stalks of Diced Celery.
Steps to make Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing:
- Mix Corn Muffin Mix, Eggs and Milk into a batter and pour into a well greased casserole pan and bake as per instructions on the box about 30 to 45 minutes. After it is done and cools crumple it up and put in a covered dish on the counter for about 24 hours so it goes slightly stale..
- Fry Sausage in a skillet till fully cooked and drain. Set aside..
- In a 12 quart stock pot add a half a stick of butter and melt it. Add the veggies and sauté till slightly soft..
- Add the Sausage and Crab Meat and combine with the veggies in the pot..
- Add the Garlic and Poultry Seasoning (to taste as it’s strong stuff) and combine with the other ingredients in the pot..
- Add the Butter Milk and Chicken Stock to the pot and stir it all up..
- Add the Crumbled Corn Bread in stages and insure you fully incorporate it all into the pot with all the other good stuff. It’ll be a bit mushy and wet but it’s supposed to be that way..
- Pour the contents of the entire pot into a well greased casserole dish..
- Keep covered in fridge till ready to cook and serve it. When ready preheat your oven to 350 degrees and once heated put casserole in and back for 30 to 45 minutes. Voila! Your done!.
If you find this Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.