Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t always enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. At the conclusion of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a pain. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
When you go to the grocery store, be smart about it. If you make smart choices when you are buying your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to cope with a chaotic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You’re going to go home and make what you have on hand. Your kitchen should be stocked with healthy foods and ingredients. This makes it effortless to have a great meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is naturally better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are a whole lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. An costly gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do little things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the decisions you make each day is a start. Looking to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your health levels. You really want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to avial -mixed vegetables in curried coconut sauce (side dish)-south indian style recipe. To cook avial -mixed vegetables in curried coconut sauce (side dish)-south indian style you need 28 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style:
- You need of vegetable oil (preferably coconut oil).
- Take of mustard seeds.
- Provide of Fennel seeds.
- Use of asafetida.
- Use of curry leaves.
- Provide of chopped red onions.
- Get of crushed garlic.
- Take of medium sized potato, diced.
- Take of frozen pea carrot mix.
- You need of frozen lima beans.
- Prepare of frozen Elephant Foot Yam (Senai kizhangu in Tamil).
- Use of Tarrow root (Sepankizhangu in Tamil), steam cooked and diced.
- Provide of medium sized sweet potato, steam cooked and diced.
- You need of curry powder.
- Get of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Coconut paste:.
- You need of fresh coconut pieces.
- Prepare of channa dhal.
- Provide of urud dhal.
- You need of coriander seeds.
- Use of cashews.
- Provide of ginger.
- Get of green chilies.
- Get of freshly grated nutmeg.
- You need of yogurt.
- Get of Salt.
- Use of chopped cilantro.
- Use of roasted cashew nuts.
Instructions to make AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style:
- Heat Oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, about a minute. Pop mustard and fennel seeds in the hot oil, about a minute. Add asafetida, chilies, and curry leaves; sauté onion until onion gets soft, about 3-4 minutes..
- Add garlic and potato; continue cooking over medium heat with the saucepan covered, about 5 minutes. Stir in frozen vegetables, about five minutes. Add steam cooked vegetables. Add 4 cups water; continue cooking over medium heat with the sauce pan covered-about 5 minutes. Stir in curry and turmeric powder..
- Coconut paste: Dry roast dhal, coriander, cashews and coconut over medium heat in a skillet-about 2- minutes. Blend them together with water to make a smooth paste. Add the paste to the cooked vegetables. Mix well.
- Add coconut milk; bring it to boil over medium heat, about 6minutes. Add nutmeg. Turn the heat off. Cool to room temperature. Add yogurt. Salt to taste. Garnish with cilantro and cashews. Serve at room temperature. Serve this tasty nutritious dish with pongal.
If you find this AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.