Turkey and rice stuffed peppers. These red bell peppers stuffed with lean ground turkey and brown basmati rice make a guilt-free weeknight family meal. Reviews for: Photos of Basmati Rice and Turkey Stuffed Peppers. Here's a super quick and easy recipe for healthy ground turkey stuffed bell peppers!
This version uses ground turkey and rice, with juicy tomatoes and raisins for a little added sweetness. I love stuffed bell peppers stuffed with just about anything, but these turkey stuffed peppers filled with ground turkey and brown rice are my favorite! You may have tried my Sante Fe Turkey stuffed Peppers, Chicken Taco Chili Stuffed Peppers, and of course the popular Stuffed Pepper Soup!
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, turkey and rice stuffed peppers. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
These red bell peppers stuffed with lean ground turkey and brown basmati rice make a guilt-free weeknight family meal. Reviews for: Photos of Basmati Rice and Turkey Stuffed Peppers. Here's a super quick and easy recipe for healthy ground turkey stuffed bell peppers!
Turkey and rice stuffed peppers is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Turkey and rice stuffed peppers is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook turkey and rice stuffed peppers using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey and rice stuffed peppers:
- Prepare of brown rice.
- Make ready of golden raisins.
- Get of kosher salt.
- Make ready of chopped walnuts.
- Get of fresh dill.
- Prepare of fresh parsley.
- Take of any color bell peppers.
- Make ready of ground turkey.
- Make ready of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- Make ready of lemon zest.
- Get of freshly ground pepper.
- Get of plus 1 tsp. packed brown sugar.
- Get of extra virgin olive oil.
- Make ready of ground cinnamon.
- Get of muenster cheese.
- Take of can tomato puree.
Prepare the rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut the tops from the peppers and remove and discard the stems and seeds. Spoon tomato sauce around peppers in baking dish. Crock Pot stuffed peppers are loaded with lean ground turkey, cooked rice, and then topped with a flavorful tomato sauce for an easy and healthy weeknight dinner recipe.
Steps to make Turkey and rice stuffed peppers:
- Combine 2 1/2 cups water, the rice, raisins, and 1/4 tsp. salt in a med saucepan. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat to low; cover and simmer until the water absorbed. ( about 45 minutes ).
- Take the rice off heat and leave covered 10 minutes. Then transfer to a mixing bowl to cool about 20 minutes. ( Fluff your rice ).
- Preheat oven 350°F. Roast walnut until lightly toasted about 8 minutes, let cool and chop finely. Set to side..
- Finely chop 2 tbsp of each parsley and dill and set to side..
- Cut off the top of each bell pepper and remove white membrane and seeds, wash peppers and lightly salt the insides..
- Mix raw turkey, walnuts, herbs, mozzarella cheese, garlic, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper. Now the fun part… Gently mix all ingredients together with your hands. Stuff peppers to the top rim of pepper and put tops back on the peppers..
- in a large wide and deep sauce pan, whisk 3 cups water, tomato puree, cinnamon, brown sugar, and olive oil together..
- Arrange the peppers upright in the sauce. Bring sauce to a simmer over medium high.Cover and reduce heat to medium low and simmer until peppers are soft and mixture is cooked through. ( about 50-60 minutes ).
- Preheat oven to broil. Remove peppers with thongs and transfer to a baking dish upright. Remove tops and place to the side. Place a slice of muenster cheese on top and sprinkle rest of herbs over the peppers. Place in oven for a couple minutes to melt cheese. Watch it cuz it melts quick. Then remove..
- In a shallow bowl label a couple spoonful of tomato sauce in the bottom of bowl and place pepper in the middle with top on top or side. Make it purdy ;-).
Making this gluten-free stuffed bell peppers recipe in the slow cooker also makes clean-up a breeze! Weeknight Spanish Rice and Ground Turkey Stuffed PeppersNOSH CITY. spanish rice, bell peppers, vegetable oil, ground turkey, Mexican cheese. Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey and Cauliflower RiceHappily Unprocessed. monterey jack cheese, sauce, onion, garlic, olive oil, bell. This time around I stuffed the bell peppers with brown rice, lean turkey Italian sausage, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese. They were absolutely delicious, full of flavor, and completely satisfying.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food turkey and rice stuffed peppers recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!