Roast turkey with sweet chestnut, cranberry and port stuffing. Cook this special Christmas dish from scratch to bring the heart-warming joy of a finer festive season to your dinner table. Just watch this video for the. Fill wishbone area with stuffing first.
Fill body cavity lightly. (Do not pack–stuffing will expand while cooking.) Tuck drumsticks under band of skin at tail, or tie together with heavy string. The classic Christmas turkey with a flavour-packed sausage-based stuffing – you'll have plenty left to serve on the side too, from BBC Good Food. The night before, put the onion quarters, reserved lemon halves and thyme sprigs in the cavity between the legs.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, roast turkey with sweet chestnut, cranberry and port stuffing. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cook this special Christmas dish from scratch to bring the heart-warming joy of a finer festive season to your dinner table. Just watch this video for the. Fill wishbone area with stuffing first.
Roast turkey with sweet chestnut, cranberry and port stuffing is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Roast turkey with sweet chestnut, cranberry and port stuffing is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have roast turkey with sweet chestnut, cranberry and port stuffing using 16 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Roast turkey with sweet chestnut, cranberry and port stuffing:
- Take of garlic.
- Prepare of chestnuts.
- Get of walnuts.
- Prepare of cranberries.
- Take of small bunch fresh sage.
- Take of small bunch fresh thyme.
- Make ready of limes (zest of).
- Get of sausages.
- Prepare of breadcrumbs.
- Get of large onion.
- Make ready of port.
- Get of cava (optional).
- Make ready of fresh ginger.
- Get of turkey.
- Get of string.
- Make ready of stem celery.
Pack the reserved stuffing into the. Roast Turkey With Tasty Chestnut Stuffing. A foil tent may be placed over the turkey during. During the autumn season in Italy, turkey is often deliciously paired with a stuffing of chestnuts and sausage.
Steps to make Roast turkey with sweet chestnut, cranberry and port stuffing:
- Soak the cranberries in port and grated ginger for at least an hour.
- Put the chestnuts on to boil for half an hour or so, leave them to cool and then peel them (I did this the evening before and once peeled, put them in the fridge).
- If you are going to make stock, put the turkey bones (or neck and giblets) into a large pan with some celery sticks, a leek, a couple of onions, 2 carrots, some bayleaves, generous pinch of salt, a large piece of peeled ginger and water (should almost cover ingredients). Covered and simmered for a couple of hours. This provided heaps of stock, some of which I put into the freezer for future soups, and some of which I put in the fridge for Christmas Day gravy..
- Chop the onion, celery and garlic as small as poss. Chop the walnuts and chestnuts and grate the bread. Wash and chop the herbs and get the meat out of the sausages..
- Sauté the onions and garlic in a little oil for about five minutes..
- Add the sausage meat and stir.
- Add the port and cranberries and leave to simmer for 10 minutes. (I had an opened bottle of cava in the fridge so couldn't resist adding a slosh of that too).
- Add the nuts and breadcrumbs, stir well and simmer another 5-10 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the herbs, stir well, cover and leave covered for 5 minutes more..
- Taste and add salt and black pepper accordingly. Put in an airtight container and store in the fridge if it is for future use. Or just start stuffing if you are doing the whole marathon in one go..
- This is what the stock looked like after 2 hours..
- Preheat the oven to 250º. Stuff your turkey (or bird of choice). I used string to tie ours but this isn't strictly necessary and I wouldn't have done so if it hadn't been deboned..
- Put the turkey in the oven, I put it in like this, with the baking sheet underneath to catch all the juices. After the first 30 minutes, put the heat down to 180º and then cooking time will be proportional to the size of your turkey – roughly 30 minutes per kg..
- To check that the turkey is done, stick a prong just above the leg. If the juices that come out are clear, it is fully cooked..
- Leave the turkey to rest for half an hour before carving.
- While it is resting, heat the stock up and carefully pour the juices into the pan to make the gravy. Get your veg ready.
- And put your par-boiled potatoes and parsnips in the baking sheet. Add salt and pepper and put in a very hot oven (25º) for half an hour so they crisp up nicely..
- Serve the carved turkey on large warmed plates so that family and friends can serve themselves. Enjoy and Happy Christmas!!!.
The wild turkey was brought to Europe from the New World, and once domesticated, returned there. Place remaining stuffing in the prepared baking While the turkey is roasting, make Giblet Broth. Learn how to make Roast Turkey With Chestnut Stuffing. Stuff Chestnut Stuffing into cavity of turkey and close cavity with skewers. Tie ends of legs to tail with string or tuck them under band of skin at tail.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food roast turkey with sweet chestnut, cranberry and port stuffing recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!