Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Dollar Store Spanish Rice recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dollar Store Spanish Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dollar Store Spanish Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, merely making a few minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One heart-healthy substitute that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy diet.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to dollar store spanish rice recipe. You can cook dollar store spanish rice using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Dollar Store Spanish Rice:
- You need 2 cups of white long grain rice, rinsed.
- Take 4 of cubes/4 tablespoons chicken bouillon, in 4 cups water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 4 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Use 3 tablespoons of lime juice, or juice of 2 limes + zest.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of dried onion flakes.
- You need 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- Use 2 teaspoons of paprika.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 1 (10 oz) of can Rotel diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 (12.5 oz) of can chunk chicken breast.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar jack cheese.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper,.
Steps to make Dollar Store Spanish Rice:
- Melt butter in a high sided pan or Dutch oven. On medium heat, toast rinsed rice in melted butter..
- Add tomato paste and lime juice to toasted rice and stir to incorporate. Add chicken broth made with chicken bouillon (canned chicken stock also works) and stir rice again..
- Add onion flakes, salt and pepper, cumin, garlic, and paprika to rice in stock. Cover rice in stock and simmer, stirring occassionally..
- When rice has started to absorb cooking liquid, add can if drained Rotel tomatoes and chilis. Stir to incorporate and cover to cook..
- When rice is nearly cooked throughout, add canned chicken, breaking up large chunks with spoon. Stir to incorporate and cover to cook..
- Remove rice from heat when it has absorbed all of the cooking liquid. Add cheese, leaving some for topping. Stir to incorporate. Add one last handful of cheese to the top, and replace lid to melt it. Enjoy as a meal itself, or as a side dish to your favorite tex-mex entree..
If you find this Dollar Store Spanish Rice recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.