Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Sour cream chocolate cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sour cream chocolate cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
Many of us believe that comfort foods are not good for us and that we must keep away from them. At times, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this can be true. At times, comfort foods can be very nourishing and good for us to consume. There are some foods that basically can improve your moods when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Put together a few trail mix of nuts or seeds. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc are all terrific for helping to boost your mood. This is because these nuts are rich in magnesium, which helps to raise serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that directs your brain how you feel day in and day out. The more you have of it, the better you will feel. Not only that but nuts, in particular, are a terrific protein food source.
As you can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are terrible for you so you can feel better! Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sour cream chocolate cake recipe. To make sour cream chocolate cake you only need 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Sour cream chocolate cake:
- Provide 3 of squares unsweetened chocolate melted in the microwave or a bain Marie, cooled.
- Use 2 1/4 cups of sifted cake flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1/2 cup of softened butter or margarine (I have never used margarine for this recipe but it says you can).
- Take 2 1/4 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar.
- Get 3 of eggs.
- Provide 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need 1 container (8 oz) of full fat sour cream (the short stack container).
- You need 1 cup of boiling water.
- Take of for cocoa frosting :.
- You need 1 pint of whipping cream (35% heavy cream).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Take 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
Instructions to make Sour cream chocolate cake:
- Melt the chocolate using either method. A bain Marie is the chocolate squares are melted in a bowl fitted over a pan of simmering water. It's important the bowl you have the chocolate in does not come in contact with the water as you don't want to seize the chocolate. When I make this cake I roughly Chop the chocolate and put it in a microwave bowl. Zap for 10 – 15 seconds.. Remove the bowl and stir with a tiny Whisk or spoon. Continue this process until all melted. Remember the melt process continues a little bit with each stir episode. Make sure the chocolate is cooled down but still runny..
- Grease and flour two 9×1 1/2 round cake pans-tap out any excess flour.
- Sift the flour, baking soda & salt onto a piece of wax paper… You're gonna use the wax paper like your scoop.
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Beat the butter, sugar & eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer on high until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and chocolate.
- Stir in the dry ingredients alternating with sour cream (I do this in three parts) beat well with spoon (or mixer on low.. You just want to make sure it's well mixed and smooth).
- Stir in 1 cup boiling water to the mix… It will be runny but that's fine.. Split the batter between both pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertips. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn into wire racks to cool completely. Split each layer in half crosswise to make 4 layers.
- Fill and frost with whipped cocoa cream.
- To make the frosting put all frosting ingredients in a medium bowl and Whip until the frosting is stiff. I have doubled the frosting recipe for the cake before.. You'll just have some leftover.. Nothing wrong with leftover frosting :).
- I have also added at times a good jam (eg. Raspberry jam) between the layers before frosting and turns out well.
This is probably why it tastes and looks so much This decadent Chocolate Sour Cream Cake not only tastes amazing, but it is versatile also. It has a nice density for holding up to fondant, and can. It has the richest chocolaty flavor and is so incredibly moist! Pair those incredible cake layers with a light and fluffy chocolate filling and tangy chocolate sour cream icing and you'll think. Sour Cream Chocolate Cake is a simple, classic cake that can be frosted or dusted with powdered sugar.
If you find this Sour cream chocolate cake recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.