Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Sweet Onion Rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Onion Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Onion Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically think that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you probably purchase many food items out of habit. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By adding fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet onion rice recipe. You can have sweet onion rice using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sweet Onion Rice:
- Provide 1 of onion sliced thin.
- Get 1 teaspoon of neutral oil.
- Use 1.5 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Use 2 tablespoons of mirin.
- Use 2 cups of short grain Japanese rice.
- Get 2 of scallions chopped.
Steps to make Sweet Onion Rice:
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until they begin to soften.
- Add soy sauce and mirin and continue to cook until sauce thickens.
- Add rice to instant pot or rice cooker.
- Add onions and 2 cups of water.
- Cook rice on normal rice setting. For instant pot, pressure cook for 4 minutes then natural release for 15 min.
- Top with scallions and Enjoy!.
If you find this Sweet Onion Rice recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.