Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Mini Coconut Cream Pies recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mini Coconut Cream Pies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mini Coconut Cream Pies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most people typically think that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mini coconut cream pies recipe. To make mini coconut cream pies you need 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mini Coconut Cream Pies:
- Get 3 of egg yolks, beaten.
- Take of Whites from 3 eggs from above.
- You need 3/4 cups of granulated sugar.
- Take 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 2 cups of milk. Coconut milk is fantastic in this.
- Get 1 of and 1/4 cup toasted coconut. Reserve the 1/4 cup for garnish.
- Get 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar.
- Provide 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 package of mini pie tarts found in frozen section with pie crust.
- Use of Or use 1 9 inch pie crust baked until brown.
Instructions to make Mini Coconut Cream Pies:
- Bake pie shells according to directions. Let cool..
- Seperate egg whites from yolks being careful not to get any yolk in the whites. Set whites aside to get room temperature..
- Beat yolks well. To this add sugar, salt and flour. Mixing well until no lumps are visible..
- Add the milk and stir to combine well..
- Heat in heavy saucepan over medium heat stirring constantly..
- Continue to cook until thick. Remove from heat..
- Add butter and vanilla mixing well until all butter is melted and combined..
- Add toasted coconut and stir. You do not have to toast the coconut but it makes it have a great flavor..
- Pour into prepared shells..
- Beat whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup sugar and beat on high until stiff peaks form..
- Spoon or pipe meringue onto pies..
- Brown under broiler until slightly browned. This doesnt take long so keep watch on them..
- Sprinkle with additional toasted coconut..
While waiting for pies to set you will need to toast the rest of the coconut. Flaky made-from-scratch crust makes each bite satisfying. Thaw while you're entertaining or preparing dinner and serve after for a treat that tastes homemade. These are the super cute, super easy mini version of coconut cream pie. I use pre-rolled pie crusts and instant vanilla pudding.
If you find this Mini Coconut Cream Pies recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.