Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Fried corn succotash recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Fried corn succotash recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fried corn succotash recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And also Save Money In The Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the environment. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living much more green we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. The kitchen is a good place to begin saving energy by going more green.
Perhaps the food isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, nevertheless it will save you money to use it over your oven. Maybe the realization that an oven uses 75% more energy will stimulate you to use the microwave more. Countertop appliances will boil water as well as steam vegetables more rapidly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. Many individuals incorrectly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses a reduced amount of energy than a dishwasher. Particularly if you make certain the dishwasher is full prior to starting a cycle. Save even more money by air drying and also cool drying your dishes instead of heat drying them.
As you can see, there are plenty of little items that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Environmentally friendly living just isn’t that hard. Mostly, all it takes is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fried corn succotash recipe. To cook fried corn succotash you need 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Fried corn succotash:
- Get of corn.
- Provide 1/2 of green pepper.
- You need 1/2 of red pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of white onion.
- Prepare 3 of cobs of corn.
- Prepare 1 packages of frozen okra.
- Take 1 can (8 oz) of can of tomato sauce.
- Provide 1 can (14.5 oz) of stewed tomatoes.
- Provide 2 slice of bacon.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- Take 1 of salt.
- Take 1 of black pepper.
- Provide 1 of red pepper flakes.
- Provide 1 of onion powder.
Instructions to make Fried corn succotash:
- Shuck and boil your corn cobs in salted water for about 10 mins. Makes it easier to cut your corn off the cob..
- Fry 2 to 3 strips of bacon in cooking oil. While bacon is cooking cut up your peppers and onions..
- Use a fork to chop up bacon. In the same pan that you cooked the bacon put your onions and peppers in and start to sautee along with the bacon. I like to use a cast iron skillet. Feel free to use any large cooking skillet. Also feel free to leave out bacon for a vegetarian recipe..
- Add salt, pepper and onion powder to vegetables and bacon. I like some red pepper flakes to balance the sweetness. I was heavy on the red pepper flakes..
- Take your corn off the heat and run under cold water. Let cool and cut your corn off the cob. Add to skillet with other ingredients. Keep stirring and let your ingredients mix well..
- Add your stick of butter a very small amount of water and turn your heat way down on your pan and cover. This helps your corn to soften up..
- Take your okra out the freezer and slice. Much easier to slice them frozen. I didn't use the entire bag I only used about a quarter of the bag or about 10 pieces..
- Add your sliced okra to your skillet, your can of tomato sauce and your can of stewed tomatoes with liquid. Do not drain them..
- Check the flavor and addore salt, pepper and onion powder to desired taste. Keep the flame low and simmer for about another 45 mins. Stir occasionally. I like to serve mines over white rice with sweet corn bread on the side. Enjoy!!.
Corn Succotash is the perfect summer side dish made with freshly grilled corn, zucchini, grape tomatoes, red bell peppers, lima beans and red onion. From succotash to corn salad, fresh corn works its way onto our skillets as much as possible during Southern summers – and for a good reason. Corn season is a thing of beauty, adding color to our. Usually succotash is a combination of corn and lima beans. We decided to make a hearty version of succotash with some diced ham, and add a Mediterranean touch by using olive oil and a little lemon.
If you find this Fried corn succotash recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Leave a Reply