Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Smothered Pork Chops recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Smothered Pork Chops recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Smothered Pork Chops recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Saving Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the environment were tree huggers along with hippies? Those days are over, and it seems we all recognize our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some improvements. Each and every family must start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your cooking area more green.
You may prefer preparing food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you way less money. Possibly the realization that an oven utilizes 75% more energy will motivate you to use the microwave more. Compared with your stove, you can make boiled water or steamed vegetables faster, and use quite a bit less energy, by using countertop appliances. You could well be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses a lot more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned method, but you would be wrong. You get the greatest energy savings by completely loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. Don’t dry the dishes by using heat, use the cool dry or air dry functions to increase the money you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little things that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. It is pretty easy to live green, all things considered. A lot of it is basically making use of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to smothered pork chops recipe. To make smothered pork chops you need 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Smothered Pork Chops:
- You need of strips of bacon cut into small pieces.
- Provide of onions sliced thin.
- Prepare of garlic cloves.
- Take of dry thyme leaves.
- Take of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- Provide of Bragg Liquid Aminos or soy sauce.
- Use of tapioca.
- Provide of bay leaf.
- Use of bone in blade cut pork chops.
- Provide of Apple cider vinegar.
Steps to make Smothered Pork Chops:
- Cook Bacon.
- Place bacon on paper towel covered plate. Leave bacon grease in the pan..
- Using 2 tbs of bacon grease add onions, garlic, 2tbs of brown sugar, rhyme and a 1/4 tsp of salt. Cook until onions are soft and carmelized..
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth. Scrape pan to remove those yummy brown bits..
- Place in slow cooker with remaining chicken broth..
- Add remaining brown sugar, soy sauce, tapioca, and the bay leaves..
- Season chops with salt and pepper. (I browned my chops in skillet then I placed them in slow cooker.)This step isn't necessary though. Place in slow cooker and push into liquid..
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours..
- Place chops on a serving plate and cover with foil..
- Remove bay leaves ans skim as much fat as possible off of surface..
- Stir in vinegar and season to taste..
- I served it over mashed potatoes. Top that with sauce, bacon and chopped parsley..
These juicy pan seared pork chops are served with an incredible French Onion flavoured gravy made with. pork chops in some salt water for an hour, then rinse Meanwhile, chop up a large size onion into thin pieces Season your pork chops with Season Smothered Pork Chops Onions And Gravy Recipe. These smothered pork chops really hit the spot. Thick cut pork chops are pan seared and smothered in onion gravy — just what you need to chase away the winter blues. These Smothered Pork Chops are super easy to make, and the smell of them cooking will bring your family running to the table! The chops come out nice and tender after lightly simmering in a creamy.
If you find this Smothered Pork Chops recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.