Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Baingan ka Bharta – Pakistani baba ganoush recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baingan ka Bharta – Pakistani baba ganoush recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baingan ka Bharta – Pakistani baba ganoush recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Could save you Money.
Until fairly recently any individual who expressed concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it seems we all recognize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more green we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. Each and every family ought to start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Keep reading for some approaches to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, particularly if they are not running as efficiently as they should. When you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old models that happen to be more than ten years old. Keeping the temperature of the fridge at 37F, in conjunction with 0F for the freezer, will probably save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. You can easily cut down how often the motor has to run by frequently cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
The kitchen alone offers you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Eco-friendly living is not that hard. A lot of it really is basically utilizing common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baingan ka bharta – pakistani baba ganoush recipe. To make baingan ka bharta – pakistani baba ganoush you only need 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Baingan ka Bharta – Pakistani baba ganoush:
- Use 250 grams of Aubergine Roasted (Baingan) – (without skin – see the photos.).
- Get 4 tbsps of Oil -.
- You need 1 cup of Tomatoes – finely chopped.
- Provide 1 cup of Onions – finely chopped.
- Provide 1 of chilies Green – medium chopped (mild).
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin seeds – (lightly crushed in a pestle mortar).
- Provide 1 tsp of Fenugreek seeds (Methi danay) –.
- You need 2 of chilies Dried red – whole -.
- Prepare ½ tsp of chili powder Red –.
- Provide ½ tsp of Cumin Powder –.
- Get ¼ tsp of Turmeric –.
- Provide 1 tsp of Salt – (adjust later if needed).
- Provide ½ of Lemon lemon – Juice for (optional).
Steps to make Baingan ka Bharta – Pakistani baba ganoush:
- Roast the whole aubergines in an oven for 45 mins at 180 degrees. Put them in water for 5 mins while hot. It will loosen the skin and make the flesh easily removable from the skin. Open the aubergine with your hand & scrap the pulp with a spoon. See the photos. Any Turkish grocer will have roasted aubergines sold in a bottle. You can use those as well..
- In a pan heat the oil. Add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds,whole red chilies and cook for about a minute on medium to high heat. Let them crackle..
- Add chopped onions and saute for another minute. Do not brown them..
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook for 3-5 mins. Add a splash of water to loosen the tomatoes..
- Add salt, chili powder and cumin powder. Cook for a minute more. Don’t let it burn..
- Add the roasted (mashed) aubergines. Mix and cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes..
- Now reduce the heat to low, add half of chopped chilies and cover with a lid. Let it cook for 20 mins..
- Once the oil comes out on the sides in the pan, garnish with fresh chopped coriander and chopped chilies. Serve hot. You can add a bit of lemon juice on the top if you like..
Baingan Bharta is basically fire roasted eggplant mash cooked with spices. In a way it tasted a lot like baba ganoush minus the tahini and olive oil. It used to be favorite until I was introduced to this Punjabi version. Hey, i have tried baingan ka bartha with cooked basmati rice and it was amazing. Baingan bharta (mashed eggplant) is a dish from the Indian subcontinent.
If you find this Baingan ka Bharta – Pakistani baba ganoush recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.