Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Salmon Oscar recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Salmon Oscar recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Salmon Oscar recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
Most of us have been trained to believe that comfort foods are not good and to be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be very healthy and good for you. Some foods honestly do elevate your mood when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
It’s not difficult to drive away your bad mood when you consume grains. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all wonderful for helping you be in a happier state of mind. These foods fill you up better and that can help improve your moods too. It’s easy to feel a little bit off when you feel famished! The reason these grains help your mood so much is that they are not hard for your stomach to digest. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps raise your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, raises your mood.
You can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are not good for you just so to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to salmon oscar recipe. You can have salmon oscar using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Salmon Oscar:
- Take of salmon fillets (6 oz. each).
- Provide of olive oil, divided.
- Provide of salt and pepper.
- Use of dried tarragon.
- Take of dried dill weed.
- Use of jasmine rice (uncooked).
- Take of asparagus spears, ends trimmed.
- Get of packet, béarnaise sauce (Knorr brand).
- Take of lump crab meat.
- Take of Old Bay seasoning.
- Provide of butter (unsalted), divided.
- Get of minced garlic.
Steps to make Salmon Oscar:
- Lightly rinse the salmon under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Brush the salmon with olive oil and top with a dash of the suggested seasonings. Set aside..
- Prepare the side dishes of jasmine rice (or couscous), asparagus, and the béarnaise sauce. For timing purposes, the rice takes the longest..
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Season the butter with Old Bay seasoning, add the garlic, and sauté the crab meat for two minutes..
- Place the crab meat in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and set aside..
- In the same pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. When hot, place the salmon fillets (skin side up) in the pan and cook for 6 minutes. Do not disturb..
- Flip the fillets over with a spatula and continue cooking for another 3 minutes..
- Preheat oven broiler..
- If using an oven-proof pan, remove the pan from stove burner and top the fillets with crab meat. [Alternative to using a pan is to use a raised edge baking sheet, lightly greased].
- Set the pan under the broiler (about 4”) for about 90 seconds to lightly brown the crab meat. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside..
- You can either plate the dish individually or serve on a large platter for a group dinner..
- Place the fillets on a bed of rice, along with the asparagus spears, and spoon the béarnaise sauce generously over the top..
- Garnish with lemon slices and enjoy..
If you find this Salmon Oscar recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.