Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Baked Salmon with Spinach Mushroom Sauce recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Baked Salmon with Spinach Mushroom Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Salmon with Spinach Mushroom Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Improve Your Mood with Food.
Most of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we must avoid them. At times, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Other times, comfort foods can be utterly nutritious and good for us to eat. There are some foods that, when you consume them, may better your mood. If you seem to be a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
Make a trail mixfrom various seeds and nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc are all great for helping to raise your mood. This is possible since these foods are high in magnesium which promotes serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that tells your brain how you feel at all times. The higher your levels of serotonin, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Not just that but nuts, particularly, are a terrific protein source.
So you see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are not good for you just so to feel better! Try these hints instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked salmon with spinach mushroom sauce recipe. To cook baked salmon with spinach mushroom sauce you need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Baked Salmon with Spinach Mushroom Sauce:
- Prepare 1.5 lb of fresh skin-on salmon fillet cut into 4 portions.
- Take 4 tsp of olive oil.
- You need to taste of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
- Use 3 tbs of unsalted butter – divided.
- You need 4 oz of fresh white mushrooms – sliced (mine were very small).
- You need 3 oz of (about) fresh spinach roughly chopped.
- Provide 1 tbs of flour.
- Get 3/4 cup of half and half.
- Get 1 tbs of minced fresh chives.
- Use 1 pinch of cayenne.
- Provide to taste of additional salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Baked Salmon with Spinach Mushroom Sauce:
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a paper towel lined plate. Pat tops dry with additional paper towels. Sprinkle with desired amounts of salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders. Cover. Refrigerate 1-2hrs..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease. Arrange salmon evenly spaced on baking sheet skin side down. Drizzle each with about 1 tsp olive oil and gently rub in. Place in oven. Bake 20-25 minutes..
- While salmon is in oven make sauce. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tbs butter. When melted add mushrooms. Sautée until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach, continue to sautée until wilted. About 2 minutes more. Transfer mushrooms and spinach to a small bowl. Return skillet to heat..
- Add last tbs butter. When melted wisk in flour. Cook 2 minutes, wisking constantly. Wisk in half and half. Bring to a simmer until thickened, wisking constantly. Stir mushrooms and spinach into sauce along with chives. Stir in cayenne, then salt and pepper to taste..
- When salmon is done remove from oven. Plate and drizzle with sauce. Serve with any desired sides. We chose couscous and steamed asparagus tonight. Enjoy!.
If you find this Baked Salmon with Spinach Mushroom Sauce recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.