Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cauliflower gratin with healthy béchamel sauce recipe recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cauliflower gratin with healthy béchamel sauce recipe recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Will Save You Dollars.
Until fairly recently any individual who indicated concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has totally changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are unable to adjust things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. Each and every family should start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. Continue reading for some methods to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, especially if they are not running as efficiently as they should. You can certainly save up to 60% on energy once you get a new one, in comparison with those from longer than ten years ago. Always keeping the temperature of the fridge at 37F, coupled with 0F for the freezer, will save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. Checking that the condenser is clean, which means that the motor needs to operate less frequently, will also save electricity.
The kitchen by itself offers you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. Environmentally friendly living just isn’t that tough. It’s about being sensible, more often than not.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cauliflower gratin with healthy béchamel sauce recipe recipe. To cook cauliflower gratin with healthy béchamel sauce recipe you need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cauliflower gratin with healthy béchamel sauce recipe:
- Take 1 of cauliflower, separated into florets.
- Get 1 of small onion, sliced.
- Provide 1 of leek, sliced (white part only).
- Provide 600 g of peeled courgette (salted to remove excess water).
- Get 200 g of water.
- Use 150 g of skimmed milk.
- Take 4 of small low-calorie cheeses.
- Take of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Provide of Pepper.
- Provide of Nutmeg.
- You need of Low-calorie cheese for the gratin topping.
Steps to make Cauliflower gratin with healthy béchamel sauce recipe:
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and boil them in the milk with half the water, a pinch of salt and two tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain..
- Meanwhile, start preparing the courgette béchamel..
- Put 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in a saucepan and gently fry the onion and leek over low heat, making sure they don’t burn, which would affect the color of the béchamel sauce..
- Add the peeled, chopped courgette and sauté for five minutes..
- Next, add the water, milk, pepper and nutmeg to taste and simmer for 20 minutes..
- Blend with a hand-held blender and add the cheeses to make a creamy béchamel sauce. Season to taste and set aside..
- In a casserole dish, arrange the cauliflower florets. Pour the low-calorie béchamel sauce over the top with the grated low-calorie cheese. Put the dish in the oven at 180ºC, until the cheese bubbles and turns golden..
- And there you have it, the perfect side dish to round off a great evening meal..
If you find this Cauliflower gratin with healthy béchamel sauce recipe recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.