Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, classic cheesecake. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Classic Cheesecake is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Classic Cheesecake is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have classic cheesecake using 18 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Classic Cheesecake:
- Take of crust.
- Make ready of Graham cracker crumbs.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
- Make ready of unsalted butter- melted.
- Get of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Make ready of *Have all ingredients at room temp.
- Make ready of cream cheese (3 8-oz package).
- Make ready of sugar.
- Take of sour cream.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- Get of large eggs.
- Prepare of Fresh Strawberry Topping.
- Make ready of Fresh strawberries…about 16 ounces.
- Prepare of small jar seedless strawberry jelly..about 18 ounces.
- Take of powdered sugar for dusting.
- Make ready of Easy Chocolate Ganache Topping.
- Take of See recipe in my profile or attachment below.
Steps to make Classic Cheesecake:
- For the crust preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9 inch spring-form pan. I use butter and non stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon, toss with fork until combined. ** see note.
- Slowly drizzle melted butter into crumb mixture and again toss with a fork until crumbs are moistened..
- Dump moist crumbs into pan and press evenly onto bottom and up the sides of your spring form pan..
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges of crust are lightly golden. Cool on rack, then when cooled, wrap outside of the pan with heavy duty foil. Lower oven temperature to 325°F.
- *It is usually cheaper to purchase whole graham crackers and crush yourself. To do this place graham crackers in food processor using metal blade, process crackers till they are a fine crumb,or place crackers in ziplock bag, using rolling pin to crush crackers into a fine crumb..
- For the Filling.
- Place cream cheese in large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium/high speed, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy..
- While still beating, gradually add sugar. Beat cream cheese and sugar until thoroughly mixed, scraping down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula. Be sure to cream the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Under mixing/creaming can cause cheesecake to crack..
- With mixer on medium speed add sour cream and vanilla..
- Add eggs one at a time beating only until just incorporated… do not over mix..
- Set large roasting pan in center of oven. Place crust in large roasting pan then pour filling into crust. **I do it this way to avoid spilling and making a mess..
- Now make your "bath". Carefully pour enough boiling water into roasting pan so that it reaches about half way up the sides of the spring form pan.
- Bake for 70 -75 minutes or until the center is almost set. The center (about 2 inches in circumference) will still be a little jiggly. Do not overbake, center will set completely when fully cooled do not over bake as this will also cause cheesecake to crack..
- Cool the cheesecake (the cooling process should be gentle and slow. If the cheesecake cools too quickly it will crack). Turn oven off do not open and let the cheesecake sit in its bath for 15 to 20 minutes or until water is warm not hot..
- CAREFULLY take cheesecake out of the large roasting pan remove pan, leave cheesecake in oven close door and let cool completely. (Be careful with this step as the water in the pan can splash.).
- Transfer cheesecake to wire rack to cool some more, remove foil and continue cooling process until cool enough to go into the refrigerator (I usually cover with a cloth and let it sit out a bit to cool a little bit more at room temperature before refrigerating)..
- Put cheesecake in the refrigerator and chill..
- **note Cool Cheesecake for 8 hours to overnight, best made the day before serving..
- For Strawberry Topping.
- Wash and dry strawberries. Cut if stem..
- In a saucepan on the stove top, heat the jelly until just melted do not boil or overheat. Heat just until the jelly becomes pourable..
- Pour and spread jelly onto top of cheesecake until completely cover (about half of the jelly, this is the "glue" that will hold the strawberries in place)..
- Arrange strawberries, cut side down, on top of cheesecake. Drizzle with remaining jelly. Let cool and remove pan sides. Dust with powdered sugar before serving..
- For Easy Chocolate Ganache Topping. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/342654-easy-chocolate-ganache.
- Prepare ganache according to recipe in my profile. When slightly cooled poor over cheesecake and spread evenly over top. Cool completely in fridge before serving.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food classic cheesecake recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!