Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Polenta with Hot Italian Sausage recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Polenta with Hot Italian Sausage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Polenta with Hot Italian Sausage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
In general, people have been trained to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and must be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. Some foods really do elevate your mood when you eat them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Put together a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Your mood can be elevated by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. This is possible as these foods are high in magnesium which promotes your production of serotonin. Serotonin is called the “feel good” chemical and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The more of this chemical in your brain, the better you’ll feel. Nuts, in addition to bettering your mood, can be a super source of protein.
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try some of these tips instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to polenta with hot italian sausage recipe. You can cook polenta with hot italian sausage using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Polenta with Hot Italian Sausage:
- Prepare of Cornmeal.
- Take 2 3/4 cup of water.
- Use 1 cup of cornmeal.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- Provide of Sausage mix.
- Get 1 lb of hot Italian sausage, removed from casing.
- Get 1 tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Get 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 cup of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 of grated Parmesan cheese.
Instructions to make Polenta with Hot Italian Sausage:
- FIRST, in a medium saucepan bring the 2-3/4 cups of water to a boiling. In a bowl combine corn meal, the remaining cup of additional water and salt. Slowly add to the boiling water, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer over low heat 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan heat crushed red pepper flakes in olive oil until blackened. Crumble in the sausage and lower heat to medium until sausage is browned. Stir the browned sausage into the hot prepared corn meal. While hot, pour the corn meal/sausage mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish, cover and chill for 30 minutes or until firm..
- After chilled, pour 2 cups of tomato sauce over the entire cornmeal dish, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour..
- Remove from oven, cut into squares and serve. Or if you want to eat this authentic Italian dish like an authentic Italian, give each person just a fork and put polenta on a large cutting board in the middle of the table for all to enjoy. No dishes to wash…only forks! No lie!.
- Buon appetito!.
If you find this Polenta with Hot Italian Sausage recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.