Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that many people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
You can obtain results without having to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes right away. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate previously.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to steamed orange shrimp and spanish rice recipe. To cook steamed orange shrimp and spanish rice you only need 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice:
- Provide 1/2 of Yellow Pepper.
- Take 1/4 of Red Onion.
- Provide 1 Cup of Golden or Yellow Rice (Arroz Amarillo).
- You need 1 Tsp of Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 Tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need 3/4 Tsp of Oregano.
- Provide 1/4 Tsp of Coriander.
- Provide 1/4 Tsp of Salt.
- Use 1/4 Tsp of Tumeric.
- Prepare 1 Can of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes.
- Use 1 1/2 Cups of Water.
- Use 12-24 of Pacific Shrimp 26/30 count.
- You need of Mrs. Dash to Taste.
- You need of for the sauce.
- Use 2 of Cried Prunes Re hydrated.
- Provide 3/4 Cup of Orange Marmalade.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Raisins.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Broken Walnuts.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Water.
- Use 1 Tbsp of Orange Peel.
Instructions to make Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice:
- Place cooking bowl in your Rice Cooker, and add Olive Oil. Turn on and let heat for 1 minute. Add red onion, garlic, oregano, coriander, cumin, salt and turmeric to the bowl; stir using a wooden spoon, to coat with oil. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Add golden rice, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add water; stir. Add drained tomatoes on top of rice – do not stir in. Cover and make sure the Rice Cooker is turned on to cook..
- Use cooking spray on the interior of your steaming tray. Pan fry cleaned (tails off, and deveined if you did not already purchase them that way) shrimp for 1-2 minutes before placing them in the steaming tray. After 25 minutes of the rice cooking, place the steaming tray on the cooking bowl, (or in the cooking bowl, if not using a Cuisinart Rice Cooker / Steamer.) Cook until the rice cooker switches to warm mode..
- WHILE THE RICE IS COOKING, prepare the Sauce – Combine in a small saucepan the 1/4 cup of the marmalade, (reserving the rest) with raisins and prunes. Cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 minutes more. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of marmalade, with walnuts, water and the orange peel..
- To serve, place the rice in soup bowls, arrange the steamed shrimp on top of the rice, and spoon the orange sauce atop the Shrimp and Rice. If you have remaining orange sauce, it can be reserved for several days after for use in other dishes..
If you find this Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.