Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Zucchini Boats recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Zucchini Boats recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Zucchini Boats recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are numerous illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to zucchini boats recipe. To cook zucchini boats you need 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Zucchini Boats:
- Use 1 pound of ground sausage (ground: beef, turkey, chicken optional).
- Prepare 8 oz of (1/2 16oz jar) hot salsa (mild optional).
- Get 6 of medium zucchini.
- Use 1 cup of mozzarella or Cheddar cheese shredded.
- You need 1 cup of part skim ricotta cheese.
- Provide 1 of egg.
- Take 1 tsp of Mrs. Dash.
Instructions to make Zucchini Boats:
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground sausage, and drain off any grease. Add salsa and mix well, and let simmer for 5–7 minutes to let flavors meld..
- In a bowl mix ricotta cheese with egg and add Mrs. Dash (mix well).
- Slice zucchini lengthwise, and scoop out the center using a teaspoon..
- Place zucchini boats on a baking sheet, and spoon in a heaping teaspoon of ricotta mixture, then spoon on the salsa meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes..
If you find this Zucchini Boats recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.