Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect My Nonna's Stuffed Artichokes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best My Nonna's Stuffed Artichokes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My Nonna's Stuffed Artichokes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most likely, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, simply making a couple of modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. While you may already consume a lot of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to my nonna's stuffed artichokes recipe. You can have my nonna's stuffed artichokes using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare My Nonna's Stuffed Artichokes:
- Take 6 of raw medium to large artichokes.
- You need 1 lb of Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- Use 1/2 lb of locatelli pecorino Romano cheese grated fine.
- Take 12 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Mrs. Dash original or Italian seasoning of your choice.
- Use of Olive oil.
- Get 10 of fresh basil leaves.
- Use of Water.
Steps to make My Nonna's Stuffed Artichokes:
- In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, cheese, garlic and Mrs. Dash..
- Add olive oil enough to stuffing mixture to make it just sticky enough to pinch into bunches between your thumb and index and middle fingers..
- Cut the tops and stems off the artichokes. Remove any small leaves off the bottoms and using kitchen sheers square each of the leaves tops..
- Stuff each artichokes leaves starting from the outside into the middle ensuring you put stuffing in each leave..
- In a large deep dish skillet put two table spoons of oil about an inch of water and the basil leaves ripped to release the flavor..
- Put the artichokes in the skillet and cover. On a low flame steam them for three hours ensuring you maintain the water level in the pot..
- Let cool to taste then peel off each leaf and scrape the meat and stuffing between your teeth and discard used leaves. When you get to the center remove the choke with a fork and eat the heart at the bottom..
If you find this My Nonna's Stuffed Artichokes recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.