Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Steamed Potatoes and Red Onions recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Steamed Potatoes and Red Onions recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steamed Potatoes and Red Onions recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are numerous diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One nutritious option that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to steamed potatoes and red onions recipe. To cook steamed potatoes and red onions you only need 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Steamed Potatoes and Red Onions:
- Prepare 4 of Large size potatoes.
- Provide 1 of large red onion.
- Prepare of Old Bay seasoning.
- Take of Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning.
- Provide of Adobo seasoning.
- Prepare of Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning.
- Get of Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Dried Basil.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
Instructions to make Steamed Potatoes and Red Onions:
- Wash and clean your potatoes and cut them up in cubes or wedges. Cut your red onions up into thin strips, add the potatoes and onions into a large size Bowl..
- And all of your ingredients except for the Butter..
- You must have or use a steamer pot or an electric steamer in order for this to work. Set your steamer pot up with the correct amount of water heat the pot over the stove..
- Add your potatoes and onions to the pot and allow them to steam for about 20 to 25 minutes..
- Test your potatoes to see if they are tender, after that add them to a bowl and place slices of butter over the potatoes, stir and serve hot. Enjoy.
If you find this Steamed Potatoes and Red Onions recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.