Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Andouille Kale Stew with Dirty Rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Andouille Kale Stew with Dirty Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Andouille Kale Stew with Dirty Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green Plus Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the ecosystem. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. According to the industry experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. Each and every family must start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your kitchen more green.
While it may not taste as good, baking food in the microwave as an alternative to in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is definitely greater by 75%, and perhaps this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When compared with your stove, you can make boiled water or steamed vegetables faster, and use quite a bit less energy, by using countertop appliances. You could well be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned manner, but you would be wrong. Mainly if you make certain the dishwasher is full previous to starting a cycle. Preserve even more money by air drying as well as cool drying your dishes instead of heat drying them.
From the above it really should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. Natural living is actually something we can all perform, without difficulty. A lot of it really is merely utilizing common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to andouille kale stew with dirty rice recipe. You can have andouille kale stew with dirty rice using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Andouille Kale Stew with Dirty Rice:
- Take 1 cup of white rice.
- Provide 4 cup of water/broth.
- Get 1 packages of andouille sausage.
- Take 5 of carrots.
- Get 1 cup of kale, washed.
- Use 1 of small sweet onion.
- You need 1 of chopped garlic, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Salt & Peper, as needed.
- Provide 3 tbsp of crushed red pepper (optional).
Steps to make Andouille Kale Stew with Dirty Rice:
- Rough chop sausage to bite size and brown in stew pot..
- Remove sausage to bowl, set aside. Add onion to hot stew pots getting all seasoning from pot bottom..
- Once onion softens, add rice and stir while cooking until all white (not translucent)..
- Add 2c water/broth and cook on high uncovered for 10 min. Season to taste..
- Add remaining broth, kale, chopped carrots then season to taste and simmer covered for thirty minutes. Add more water to taste, after 10 min..
- Remove from heat and keep covered until serving..
- Optional: add crushed red peppers to taste. I used 1/3 cup but recommend starting with a couple tbl spoons, stir well and simmer for moment then taste and adjust..
If you find this Andouille Kale Stew with Dirty Rice recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.