Mike's Perfect Patty Melts!. Mikes Perfect Patty Melts! – Easy Lunchtime Meals "perfect patty With of recipes for lunches and light meals, there's no reason to be bored with your midday. Watch as globetrotting gourmand Mike Chen stuffs his face with some of his favorite frozen treats, from towering sundaes and ice cream cones, to masterfully-made bowls of gelato and ice cream cakes. We're making the ultimate patty melt with Chris Kronner of KronnerBurger and author of the cookbook A Burger to Believe In.
A patty melt is basically a better version of the humble burger. Ground beed gets shaped into more of a oblong rectangle to fit the rye bread, then it gets topped with plenty of Swiss cheese and caramelized onions. It's the deli sandwich we love, but we really think we've perfected the homemade version.
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, mike's perfect patty melts!. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mike's Perfect Patty Melts! is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Mike's Perfect Patty Melts! is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Mikes Perfect Patty Melts! – Easy Lunchtime Meals "perfect patty With of recipes for lunches and light meals, there's no reason to be bored with your midday. Watch as globetrotting gourmand Mike Chen stuffs his face with some of his favorite frozen treats, from towering sundaes and ice cream cones, to masterfully-made bowls of gelato and ice cream cakes. We're making the ultimate patty melt with Chris Kronner of KronnerBurger and author of the cookbook A Burger to Believe In.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have mike's perfect patty melts! using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Perfect Patty Melts!:
- Make ready of ● Meat Mixture.
- Make ready 2 Pounds of 80/20 Quality Ground Beef.
- Prepare 3 Dashes of Worchestershie Sauce.
- Get 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper [+ reserves].
- Take 1 Box of Liptons Onion Soup Mix [use both packages].
- Take 1/4 Cup of Fresh Green Onions.
- Get 1/8 Cup of Dehydrated Onions.
- Make ready of ● Additions.
- Get 8 Slices of Swiss Cheese.
- Make ready 1 of EX LG Viadalia White Onion.
- Take 1 Cube of Salted Butter.
- Take 1 of EX LG Purple Onion.
- Get of as needed Yellow Mustard.
- Make ready of ● For The Bread.
- Make ready 1 Loaf of Quality Russian Rye Bread.
It's intriguing then that the patty melt— a single slim patty of ground beef covered with cheese and golden onions, and griddle-fried between two thin slices of © Provided by Bonnier Corporation Saveur Some might argue the patty melt is not even a burger at all. Yet consider its origins: fast food lore. At long last, a recipe that bridges the vast gap between sandwich and burger! Patty melts are the sandwich-burger of our dreams.
Instructions to make Mike's Perfect Patty Melts!:
- Mix everything in your Meat Mixture section together well..
- Using a Mandolin – thick slice your onions. Onions really are the secret in this dish!.
- Fry your onions in a cube of salted butter and add a good dash of black pepper..
- Fry until onions are translucent. Drain on paper towels..
- Mold your patties larger than your widest pieces of Rye Bread slices. They will shrink slightly upon cooking..
- Using the same onion pan – fry your burgers to taste or preference..
- Use a quality deli style Swiss Cheese..
- Add 4 pieces of Swiss cheese to each patty and steam burgers [covered] for 1 minute..
- Use a fresh quality rye bread. Lightly toast your Rye slices..
- Plate up and serve hot with Onion Rings and ice cold beers in frosted glasses..
- Onion rings..
- Prepare to be freggin' worshiped! Enjoy!.
Our version of the classic patty melt features caramelized onions, which we quickly realized during our last Brooklyn test kitchen should rank up there with cheese on. Make the perfect patty melt: mushroom and swiss patty melts, dripping with spicy brown mustard. The secret to a great patty melt is a square patty! A Patty Melt is the perfect burger! Juicy beef patties, swiss cheese, caramelized onions and dressing between slices of grilled rye or sour dough.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food mike's perfect patty melts! recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!