Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos. This is THE BEST Colorado green chili recipe! We use Hatch green chiles and ground pork. You can smother breakfast or dinner burritos, cover a grilled Go Broncos!
Top Old El Paso® flour tortillas with a spicy green-chile salsa pork filling, made in the slow cooker. Serve Mexican for dinner tonight with this no-fuss burrito recipe! Top Old El Paso® flour tortillas with For less heat, use regular chili powder in place of chipotle chile powder.
Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, mike's green chili pork burritos. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This is THE BEST Colorado green chili recipe! We use Hatch green chiles and ground pork. You can smother breakfast or dinner burritos, cover a grilled Go Broncos!
Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have mike's green chili pork burritos using 31 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos:
- Make ready of ● For The Meats.
- Make ready 2 Pounds of Pork Roast [use 1 pound for burritos – 1 for stew].
- Get 42 oz of Beef Or Chicken Broth.
- Get of ● For The Shreadded Pork.
- Make ready 1 Cup of Pork Broth.
- Prepare 1 Packet of Old Elpaso Taco Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Broth.
- Take 2 oz of Reserved Green Chilies.
- Make ready 1/2 Cup of Green Salsa.
- Prepare of ● For The Refried Beans [all veggies & fruit to be fine chopped].
- Make ready 2 (16 oz) of Cans Rosarita Refried Beans.
- Take 2 (4 oz) of Can Hatch Green Chilies [fully drained – reserve one].
- Prepare 1 of Medium EX Firm Deseeded Tomato.
- Make ready 2 of Deseeded Minced Jalapeños.
- Take 1/2 Cup of Minced Red Onion.
- Make ready 1/3 Cup of Minced Vidalia Onion.
- Get 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Crushed Epazote Herb.
- Get 1 tsp of Crushed Mexican Oregano.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Get of ● For The Filler Options [to taste].
- Get of Mexican 3 Cheese.
- Prepare of Sour Cream.
- Take of Green Or Red Salsa.
- Get of ● For The Breads.
- Make ready as needed of Warm Flour Tortillas.
- Get of ● For The Garnishments [as needed].
- Make ready of Shreadded Lettuce.
- Make ready of Chopped Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Shreadded Cheese.
- Take of Sliced Avacados.
Preparation Cover the bottom of your crock pot with water. you don 't want much, because the roast will make its own juices. Pull the cubes of pork apart with a fork to break them down a little. steam or microwave the tortillas for a few minutes. Pork Green Chili – New Mexico-Style. Written by. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) This pork green chili uses plenty of roasted and peeled (and relatively mild) chiles and succulent pork to create an easy and warming. green chile pork burritos.
Instructions to make Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos:
- Simmer pork roast in a crock pot for 6 to 8 hours in beef or chicken broth..
- Pull pork meat from broth and allow to cool slightly. Strain broth of any floating fats..
- Fine shread pork meat with forks and disgard any fat or anything unsightly..
- Reserve 1 cup broth for the shreadded chicken for burritos. Reserve the rest of the stock and 1 pound shreadded pork to make a healthy pork stew. Or, a Green Chili Stew If interested, see steps 13 thru 15..
- Chop all vegetables for your refried beans. You'll leave these raw as they'll act as a crispy Pico de Gallo within your burritos..
- Use a refried bean product like Rosarita, GOYA or Old Elpaso. They're all great brands..
- Heat beans and mix with your crispy vegetables..
- Fry pulled pork for burritos covered in 1 cup broth, 1 packet Old Elpaso Taco Seasoning, 1 – 4 oz can of green chilies and 1/2 cup of your favorite green salsa. Steam well. Stir occasionally..
- Smear heated refried bean mixture on warm tortilla and add hot seasoned fried shreadded pork meat. All ingredients should be fully heated. Or, at room temp [i.e., cheeses, tortillas] before construction and placing in Panini Press or grilling..
- Add whatever fillers you'd like before wrapping up tortillas tightly..
- Place burritos in hot press until scored and cheese has melted..
- Serve burritos hot with green salsa, sour cream, Mexican 3 cheese, lettuce and tomatoes & Avacado slices. Also, a side of Green Chili Stew. Enjoy!.
- You're already half way there if interested in making the pork stew. Just add whatever vegetables you have on hand, [i.e., chopped onions, potatoes, carrots, celery, bell peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, etc., a McCormick Beef Stew packet [a great cheater] and additional herbs & spices].
- Simmer stew for a few more hours in your same crock pot until vegetables have softened. You can also add a pint of Hatch Green Chili to your stew for an extra kick. It's always a delicious option!.
- Serve your stew with fresh bread or warm flour tortillas. Enjoy!.
To make burritos, fill tortillas with pork, beans, rice, and cheese as desired, then top burritos with salsa. But. the green chili sauce in this recipe makes these amazing! I don't think I'll ever eat another breakfast burrito without it. I did change the recipe a little bit. Reviews for: Photos of New Mexico Green Chile Breakfast Burritos.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food mike's green chili pork burritos recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!