Chickpea and lentil burger. These Spicy Chickpea Lentil Burgers have mung dal, chickpeas and taco spice. Add avocado, chipotle aioli for a delicious burger. This patty has mung dal (petite yellow lentils) which is split and dehusked green mung bean, and chickpeas with roasted red pepper and a taco spice blend.
Why We Love It: Veggie burgers are a great way to include high protein legumes into diets, such as this recipe with lentils and beans. Note: You can have it as the center of a burger but I also like them on the side of a salad, with a drizzle of good chili sauce and vegan tahini. The Chickpea & Lentil Veggie Burger recipe I am sharing today took me a few times to get just right!
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, chickpea and lentil burger. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chickpea and lentil burger is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Chickpea and lentil burger is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
These Spicy Chickpea Lentil Burgers have mung dal, chickpeas and taco spice. Add avocado, chipotle aioli for a delicious burger. This patty has mung dal (petite yellow lentils) which is split and dehusked green mung bean, and chickpeas with roasted red pepper and a taco spice blend.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chickpea and lentil burger using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chickpea and lentil burger:
- Make ready 1 of onion.
- Make ready 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- Make ready 1 can of chickpeas 400g.
- Prepare 1 can of if lentils 400 g.
- Prepare 3 tbsps of plain flour.
- Prepare of Small handful of fresh coriander.
- Take 3 cups of mash potato.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Get of Bread crumps.
- Take of Curry powder.
- Prepare of Appliances.
- Prepare of Food processor or blender.
- Take bowl of Large.
- Make ready of Frying pan.
- Make ready cup of Measuring.
Not every recipe is perfect the first time but I am so happy to finally share it because you will LOVE these burgers! I found that the oat flour is the most necessary ingredient to hold this burger together. Easy, delicious and healthy Lentil and Chickpea Burger recipe from SparkRecipes. Place chickpeas, half the lentils, ginger, egg and onion mixture in food processor bowl.
Steps to make Chickpea and lentil burger:
- Gather all of your ingredients.
- Heat your frying pan with a splash of oil and chop your onion and garlic into small pieces. Once the frying pan has heated up you can add the onion, garlic and curry powder. Cook on medium heat until ready.
- Rinse your chickpeas and lentils under cold water and add to a food processor. Place the fresh coriander, onion and flour in with the chickpeas and lentils. Blend on high until the mixture is a smooth batter.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and stir though the mash potato and egg.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs onto a plate and make a disc shaped burger with the mixture. Cover the burger with bread crumbs and set aside. Continue doing this unit I’ll you have used up all of the mixture.
- Heat a frying pan with a quarter cup of oil. Once the oil is hot enough, cook your burger on medium heat for 10 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked serve with a side of salad and enjoy!.
Transfer to a bowl, stir in remaining lentils, parsley, cilantro and bread crumbs. Place burger bun bases on serving plates. Top with spinach, carrot, beetroot, a patty and a dollop of tahini sauce. This burger is so delicious, you will not miss the meat, promise! Here's a tip: If you don't want this patties to fall apart, you absolutely need to make a rough chop while processing, also try Drain and rinse the chickpeas and put them into a food processor with the garlic, ground spices, salt and pepper.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chickpea and lentil burger recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!