Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bacon Split Pea Soup (Instant Pot) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bacon Split Pea Soup (Instant Pot) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out several small changes.
You can see results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes at once. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make considerable changes, but the most important thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. Sooner or later, you will likely see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate previously.
Obviously, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bacon split pea soup (instant pot) recipe. To cook bacon split pea soup (instant pot) you only need 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Bacon Split Pea Soup (Instant Pot):
- Take 1 pound of split peas.
- You need 7 cups of chicken broth.
- Take 6-7 rashers of bacon.
- Get 1 of smoked ham hock.
- Use 1 of large carrot grated.
- Get 1 of small onion chopped.
- Take 1 of tspn black pepper.
- Use 1 dash of olive oil.
Instructions to make Bacon Split Pea Soup (Instant Pot):
- Chop onions to desired size, chop bacon to about 1 inch squares, and grate carrot with cheese grater.
- Sauté onions with oil in instant pot for about 2 minutes, then toss in bacon 🥓 and cook until it’s the consistency of ham. They need not be crispy but you don’t want them rubbery..
- Turn off the sauté function. Add split peas, chicken broth, ham hock, carrots 🥕, and pepper. Set instant pot to 25 minutes and cook..
- Whisk hot soup before serving to break up clumps of split pea, there should be some stuck to the bottom of the pot, try not to reincorporate this into the soup. I garnished mine with fried rosemary garlic sourdough croutons..
- Complete! Share a cooksnap & tell us what you thought!.
- VARIANT: replace the bacon and ham hock with a smoked turkey leg. After soup is cooked, remove turkey leg, pull meat from bone, and return meat to soup..
If you find this Bacon Split Pea Soup (Instant Pot) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.