Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Instapot Roasted Tomato Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Instapot Roasted Tomato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Instapot Roasted Tomato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing several small changes.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can likewise be good for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It may be that you already believe that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
All in all, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to instapot roasted tomato soup recipe. To make instapot roasted tomato soup you need 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Instapot Roasted Tomato Soup:
- You need of ▢ 3 pounds (1396g) field or roma tomatoes, cut in half horizontally.
- Get of ▢ 3 cups (750ml) unsalted chicken stock.
- Provide of ▢ 3 (11g) garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Get of ▢ 1 (248g) medium onion, chopped.
- You need of ▢ 1 (102g) carrot, chopped.
- You need of ▢ 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil.
- Prepare of ▢ 1 tablespoon (14g) unsalted butter (vegan.
- Get of ▢ 2 tablespoons (30ml) fish sauce.
- Provide of ▢ 2 tablespoons (30g) jasmine rice.
- Get of ▢ A pinch dried basil.
- Prepare of ▢ A pinch dried thyme.
- Use of ▢ Salt, sugar & ground black pepper.
- Provide of ▢ ½ cup (125ml) heavy cream (do not add if canning).
Steps to make Instapot Roasted Tomato Soup:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Layer tomatoes (cut side up) in a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & ground black pepper. If your tomatoes are not in season, sprinkle a little sugar on the tomatoes to help them caramelize better. Place baking tray in the oven’s middle rack. Depending on your oven and tomatoes, it will take 45 – 65 minutes..
- Heat up your pressure cooker over medium high heat (Instant Pot: press Sauté button, then Adjust button to Sauté More function). Ensure your pot is as hot as it can be (Instant Pot: wait until indicator says HOT)..
- Sauté onions in 1 tbsp unsalted butter for roughly 2 – 3 minutes until soften. Add in garlic and season with a pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper if you like. Sauté for 1 minute until fragrant. Add in chopped carrots and saute for another minute..
- Pour ~ ½ cup (125 ml) unsalted chicken stock. Scrub all the brown bits off bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Keep the brown bits as they are very flavorful..
- Add roasted/browned tomatoes, 2 tbsp (30g) jasmine rice, a pinch of dried basil, and a pinch of dried thyme in Instant Pot. Pour in 2 tbsp (30ml) fish sauce and remaining unsalted chicken stock. Close the lid and cook at High Pressure for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and do a 10 minutes Natural Release. Open the lid carefully..
- Blend tomato soup into desired consistency with an immersion hand blender. *Optional: Strain the tomato soup over a fine mesh strainer for maximum smoothness. Add ½ cup (125ml) heavy cream. Taste the soup and season with salt if necessary. Depending on the tomatoes, you may want to add a pinch (or a few pinches) of sugar to balance the acidity flavor. It does wonder to the flavor!.
- Garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy immediately. This will be a really good soup to serve to your favorite guests with grilled cheese sandwiches on the side.
- You may also water-bath or steam can this soup. Process pint jars for 20 minutes. Quart jars for 25 minutes. As mentioned above, do not add the heavy cream if canning. Add the cream as you open the jars and reheat..
If you find this Instapot Roasted Tomato Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.