Recipe of Award-winning Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
Lemon Meringue Cupcakes. Light, moist lemon cupcakes filled with lemon curd and topped with toasted meringue frosting! Sweet and sunny, with all the things we love about lemon meringue pie — but in cupcake form. Lemon Meringue Cupcakes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Lemon Meringue Cupcakes – perfect for the last few weeks of warm weather. Place cupcakes back into cooled Spoon meringue into piping bag fitted with large tip. Pipe meringue onto each cupcake creating.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, lemon meringue cupcakes. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Lemon Meringue Cupcakes is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Lemon Meringue Cupcakes is something which I have loved my whole life.
Light, moist lemon cupcakes filled with lemon curd and topped with toasted meringue frosting! Sweet and sunny, with all the things we love about lemon meringue pie — but in cupcake form. Lemon Meringue Cupcakes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have lemon meringue cupcakes using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon Meringue Cupcakes:
- Take of For the cake.
- Make ready 175 g of unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare 175 g of self-raising flour.
- Make ready 175 g of caster sugar.
- Make ready 3 of large eggs.
- Get 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- Get 1-2 tbsp of milk (if mixture is too stiff).
- Take of For the lemon curd filling.
- Get 115 g of golden caster sugar.
- Prepare 30 g of cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces.
- Take 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten.
- Get of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Take of Freshly grated zest 1 lemon.
- Make ready of For the lemon meringue frosting.
- Make ready 170 g of caster sugar.
- Take 3 of large egg whites (112g roughly).
- Take 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
These mini meringues will bring a touch of zing to your party, and can be made one day ahead for extra ease. Light as a feather lemon meringue cupcakes are filled with lemon curd and topped with a gorgeous yellow striped meringue topping for a decadent treat that is hard to beat! Perfectly fluffy lemon cupcakes, filled with a smooth and zesty lemon curd and topped with a toasted meringue frosting you would never guess didn't contain eggs. These will not fail to impress!
Instructions to make Lemon Meringue Cupcakes:
- First, make the lemon curd. In a heavy saucepan, heat the sugar, butter, eggs and lemon juice over a fairly low heat, whisking all the time, until the mixture is thick enough to hold marks of the whisk. This will take around 12-15 minutes. Once thickened, immediately pour the curd through a sieve into a bowl. Stir in the zest and set aside to cool..
- Preheat your oven to 180degrees fan and prepare a muffin tray with muffin cases..
- Make the cakes: using a beater in an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes until pale and fluffy. Beat in one egg at a time, for about 2 minutes per egg. Add the lemon juice and zest before finally adding the flour and baking powder and fold in gently until fully incorporated. Add some milk if the mixture seems a little stiff..
- Divide this mixture evenly between the cake cases and bake in the oven for around 15 – 18 minutes, or until lightly golden and a skewer comes out clean when put into the cakes. Set aside to cool completely..
- While your cakes are cooling, get started on your meringue frosting. Heat all the frosting ingredients in a metal mixing bowl (ideally one that attaches to your free-standing electric mixer) over a Bain marie. Whisk continuously until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture has reached a temperature of around 70-75 degrees C..
- Remove from the heat, put back to your free standing mixture and whisk on high for roughly 8-10 minutes until your meringue has doubled, even tripled in size, is glossy and stiff..
- When the cupcakes are cooled, core out the middle of each cupcake. You can do this using an Apple corer or a large piping nozzle. Place a dollop of lemon curd into the centre of each cupcake to the top..
- Pipe your meringue frosting onto each cupcake and blast the tops with a chefs blow torch, or place under a grill on a high setting to toast the meringue. Keep an eye on them! They will colour very quickly. Enjoy!.
These lemon meringue cupcakes are so lemony and fresh! Like the pie, the cupcakes are piled How to Make Lemon Meringue Cupcakes. If you are new to making cupcakes, read my post all. Lemon Meringue Cupcakes: These gorgeous little cupcakes are inspired by the classic lemon meringue pie. Filled with tangy lemon curd and topped with fluffy meringue they are a great way to.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food lemon meringue cupcakes recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!