Homemade Family Friendly Texas Red Chili.
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, homemade family friendly texas red chili. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Homemade Family Friendly Texas Red Chili is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Homemade Family Friendly Texas Red Chili is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have homemade family friendly texas red chili using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Family Friendly Texas Red Chili:
- Take 2 lb of ground beef (I use chuck).
- Prepare 6 slice of (small diced) smoked bacon.
- Make ready 1 large of (medium diced) yellow onion.
- Make ready 1 large of (medium diced) green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of large (small diced) jalapeño pepper.
- Get 3 clove of minced garlic.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of pure mild red chili powder ( not chili seasoning).
- Take 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Make ready 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Get 1 tsp of ground Mexican oregano.
- Take 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Get 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Make ready 2 tsp of salt (plus more to taste).
- Prepare 28 oz of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 28 oz of low sodium beef stock.
- Make ready 2 of 15 ounce cans of pinto beans (rinsed and drained).
Steps to make Homemade Family Friendly Texas Red Chili:
- Brown ground beef and set aside to drain..
- Saute diced bacon in a large stockpot for 5-7 minutes to render the fat, just until starting to get crisp. Then add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper and saute until tender. Add a little extra cooking oil if pan is to dry. Add the minced garlic during the last minute or so..
- Next add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, Mexican oregano, garlic powder, onion powder,Cayenne powder and salt. Let the mixture saute all together for 2-3 minutes. This will wake the spices up. (Bloom).
- Next add the cooked ground beef, beef stock, tomato sauce and pinto beans. Let the chili simmer partly covered over low heat for 1-2 hours..
- Pure chili powder is pretty easy to come by here in Texas. You can easily order it from the internet no matter where you live. I always use a mild and then add desired heat level using Cayenne pepper. You can also just use a brand name chili powder from the grocery store. Works great as well. This chili is always better the next day. Leftovers freeze very well. Enjoy.
- Most all chili powder found in grocery stores, are a blend of pure chili powder, paprika, oregano, garlic, cumin, salt, etc. I have found that these will work good as well. You may want to omit the salt and adjust at the very end..
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food homemade family friendly texas red chili recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!