Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Healthy Jambalaya recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy Jambalaya recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Spending less Within the Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any individual who indicated concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it looks like we all recognize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the industry experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some adjustments. These adjustments need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your kitchen area more green.
Changing light bulbs is as good an area to start as any. This will probably go outside of the kitchen, nevertheless that is okay. The usual light bulbs are the incandescent type, which must be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. Although costing a little more initially, these types of bulbs last as long as ten of the standard type as well as using a lot less energy. Using these longer-lasting lightbulbs has the particular benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. Coupled with different light bulbs, you have to learn to leave the lights off whenever they are not needed. The kitchen lights especially will often be left on the entire day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. This likewise happens in the rest of the house, but we have been trying to save money in the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; have a look at the amount of electricity you can save by turning the lights off whenever you don’t need them.
The kitchen alone offers you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. Eco-friendly living is not that difficult. Typically, all it takes is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy jambalaya recipe. You can have healthy jambalaya using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Healthy Jambalaya:
- Use 4 of Aidells Cajun Andouille Sausage links.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of celery, diced.
- You need 3 tsp of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of jalapeno pepper, diced.
- Provide 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- Get 1/2 cup of green pepper, chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- Get 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of short grain brown rice.
- Provide 4 cup of chicken broth.
- Use 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 1 cup of water.
- Take 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce.
- You need 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped.
Instructions to make Healthy Jambalaya:
- Combine rice and chicken broth in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Stir once, then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer about 40 minutes (or about 10 minutes less than stated on the package directions). Tip: start the rice before chopping other ingredients..
- Heat oil in large pot or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and sausages until lightly browned, about 5 minutes..
- Stir in onion, green pepper, jalapeño, celery and garlic. Season with crushed red pepper, onion powder, and pepper. Cook until onion is translucent and tender, about 5 minutes..
- Add partially cooked rice, water, and tomatoes. Stir, bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender (about 10 minutes)..
- Stir in tobacco sauce and serve..
If you find this Healthy Jambalaya recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.