Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Red beans and rice with smoked sausage recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red beans and rice with smoked sausage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red beans and rice with smoked sausage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, just making a few minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to red beans and rice with smoked sausage recipe. To cook red beans and rice with smoked sausage you need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Red beans and rice with smoked sausage:
- You need Cup of diced celery.
- Provide Cup of diced yellow onion.
- Provide Cup of diced green pepper.
- You need 4 of large garlic minced.
- Prepare of Whole pack Cajun/smoked sausage sliced.
- Take 32 oz of chicken stock.
- You need 4 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Provide 4 tbsp of butter.
- Take 2 cans of red beans drained.
- You need 6 tbsp of flour.
- Get of Hot sauce to taste (I prefer crystal or zatarains).
Instructions to make Red beans and rice with smoked sausage:
- Add 4 tbsp butter and a glob of oil. Add veggies and sweat down until really soft, remove and set aside..
- Wipe pot down and add 2 tbsp of oil and sear sliced sausage until rendered then remove with slotted spoon and retain oil in the pan.
- Add 4 tbsp butter to the pot and simmer lightly. Slowly add flour 1 tbsp at a time and make a dark chocolate roux. This method takes time and constant attention and whisking. If it starts to smell like slightly burned popcorn it's fine but if you have ever burned a roux then you will know it's time to start over..
- Add veggies and simmer until slightly thickened(5 to 10 minutes).
- Add chicken stock and stir until incorporated and then add sausage, beans, Cajun seasoning, bay leaves and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer low covered but cracked, for about an hour and then check for seasonings, salt to taste but I only did a few grinds of salt (add 2 to 3 tbsp of hot sauce at this time).
- Lightly smash some beans and low simmer for another 15 minutes and serve..
- Serve with rice and top with green onions and crusty bread on the side.
If you find this Red beans and rice with smoked sausage recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.