Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Chicken / Veggie Stew recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken / Veggie Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken / Veggie Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the conclusion of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some very simple ways to get healthy.
Be wise when you do your grocery shopping. When you make informed and wise purchases at the grocery store, your meals will get much healthier immediately. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to deal with a hectic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to go to your house and make a little something from your kitchen. Your kitchen should be stored with healthy foods and ingredients. This way—even if you decide on something a bit greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still selecting foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are a lot of things that factor into getting healthy. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. You can do little things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. Looking to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your healthfulness. You need to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken / veggie stew recipe. To make chicken / veggie stew you need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken / Veggie Stew:
- Take 4 of chicken drumsticks, skin on and (350g Quorn Pieces OR 350g halved brown cap mushrooms).
- Provide 2 of Brown onions, finely sliced.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced.
- Take 4 sticks of celery, diced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, diced.
- You need 4 of medium potatoes, diced.
- Take 300 g of mushrooms, halved.
- Get 150 ml of white wine.
- Get 1.5 L of stock – 750 ml chicken stock, 750ml veggie stock if making 2 stews at once.
- Take 2 of rounded tablespoons tomato paste.
- Take 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Get 1 tablespoon of dried thyme (or any woody herb).
- Get of S&P, EVOO, 2 nobs butter.
- Use 4 of bay leaves.
- Take 4 of level tablespoons plain flour.
- Prepare of Crusty bread for serving.
Steps to make Chicken / Veggie Stew:
- Heat oil and butter in a large deep frying pan. If making both chicken and veggie version, get two pans on the go and add equal butter and oil to each. You can use small saucepans if you don't have deep frying pans. Add onion, celery and garlic and fry for 3-4 minutes until softened..
- Now add the chicken / Quorn and season well. Toss on a high heat until browned. If you are using mushrooms instead of Quorn, skip this step..
- Now add the mushrooms and continue frying – the onions should be starting to caramelise. Turn the heat down and add the white wine, scraping the pan as you go..
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir rapidly, then add the tomato paste and the stock, stirring well to combine. Add the bay leaves, thyme and Worcester sauce and stir in..
- Now add the carrots and potatoes. For the chicken stew, lift the chicken to the top so the skin is above the liquid. Bring to a gentle simmer, cover and leave on stove for 45 minutes..
- Heat oven to 180C/350F. Put the stew in the hot over with the lid off and cook for a further 40 minutes until the stock has thickened and the chicken skin goes crispy. For the veggie version you can complete this thickening in the oven or on the stove with the lid off until it's your desired thickness..
- Season if necessary. Serve with crusty bread to mop up the sauce..
- Tip. This meal can be reheated on the stove top and will store in the fridge for 3 days after cooking. Only reheat the amount you're going to eat so you don't overlook the veggies..
It's also gluten-free so indulge in it absolutely guilt free! Jam packed with veggies as well as chicken breast and tomatoes, this is a healthy, hearty quick stew. Veggie and chicken stew is a classic recipe in most households. Welcome the robust flavors of root veggies in a warm and cozy stew. A veggie stew is a great way of getting through a great range of vegetables, and it can be as easy or posh as you like.
If you find this Chicken / Veggie Stew recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.