Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Shrimp and Grits recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Shrimp and Grits recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp and Grits recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Spending less Within the Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the ecosystem. That has totally changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living much more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. This should happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The kitchen is a good place to start saving energy by going a lot more green.
A lot of electricity is definitely wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not working efficiently. If you happen to be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with models from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less electrical power. The right temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving energy and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and also 0F. Another way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, due to the fact that the motor won’t have to run as often.
From the above it ought to be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living is definitely something we can all do, without difficulty. Typically, all it takes is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp and grits recipe. You can have shrimp and grits using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shrimp and Grits:
- Get of Main.
- Use 12 large of raw, peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Prepare 10 oz of Andouille Sausage.
- Use 1 large of Green Bell Pepper.
- Take 1 medium of onion.
- Get 1 of jalapeno pepper (de-seeded).
- Prepare 4 cup of Grits.
- You need 8 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Take 3/4 packages of cream cheese.
- Provide 2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter or margarine.
- Take 2 tbsp of Black pepper.
- Provide 2 tbsp of sea salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 box of Tony's Creole Base (etouffe' mix).
Steps to make Shrimp and Grits:
- In a large stockpot bring grits and water to boil. Then turn to simmer.
- Slice peppers and remove seeds. Then slice onion..
- Preheat skillet to medium high heat and add 2tbsp of olive oil.
- Saute peppers and onion for 5-7 min. Then set them aside in a bowl..
- Add one tbsp of butter to preheated skillet and add shrimp and sliced sausage. Stirring as needed until shrimp is cooked through. Set aside in bowl..
- Prepare creole (etouffe') mix in skillet according to directions..
- Add a cup or so of the cream cheese to mix and the cup of milk.
- Bring to light boil then add shrimp, sausage, peppers, and onions. Reduce heat to simmer..
- Add cayenne, garlic powder, and hot sauce if desired.
- Once grits are done. Add as much butter as desired, cheddar cheese, and some of the cream cheese.
- Then add the salt and black pepper ( consider paprika too) to the grits.
- Once creole base has reached desired consistency remove from heat..
- Plate the grits and pour creole base over the top. Enjoy! And please post pictures!!.
If you find this Shrimp and Grits recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.