Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Red Beans and Rice recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Red Beans and Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Beans and Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. People typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. One wholesome option that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
To sum up, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to red beans and rice recipe. You can cook red beans and rice using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Red Beans and Rice:
- Get 1 tsp. of Cumin.
- Take 1 tsp. of Paprika.
- Take 1/8-1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/8-1/4 tsp. of Black pepper.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- Get 1 of small green pepper.
- Get 2 of large cloves garlic minced.
- Get 1 of tblsp. Oil or butter.
- Take 2 tsp. of Vinegar.
- Take 2 cups of water ( change according to rice instructions).
- Prepare 1/2 of small can tomato paste.
- You need 1 can of low sodium kidney beans drained.
- Use 1 cup of rice ( jasimine ).
Instructions to make Red Beans and Rice:
- Heat up a 4 quart pan on medium. Meanwhile chop up the onion and green pepper. When the pan is hot add a bit of oil or butter. Toss in pepper and onion and saute for about two minutes. Stiring freqently..
- Mean while mash the garlic cloves with the flat side of your cutting knife, peal, and mince..
- After the two minutes of the pepper and onion cooking, toss in the minced garlic and saute about a minute more or until fragerant..
- Turn up the heat to medium/high. Add the 2 cups of water, spices, vinegar, and tomato paste the the mixture and stir. *if you like some heat, add a pinch of red pepper or cayanne 🔥.
- When the water begins to bubble add 1 cup rice (jasimine) and the drained low sodium kidney beans. Stir and simmer for one minute..
- After the minute, turn heat to low and cover rice mixture with a tight fitting lid. Steam for 15 minutes or however long the directions on your rice says for. * Never lift the lid! 😳 It's the secret to perfect rice, even if you are tempted… Don't let the steam out, it's precious…👍.
- After 15 minutes remove lid and fluff/stir the yumminess! Boom! Delicious red beans and rice!.
- I served mine as a side with simple lemon pepper chicken thighs…mmmm. And some Louisiana hot sauce! BAM! (as Emeril would say 😄) p.s. The dots are a fancy hot sauce decor 😉.
If you find this Red Beans and Rice recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.