Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Turkey Bone Gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkey Bone Gumbo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Saving Money Inside the Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the environment. That has completely changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more eco-friendly we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. This should happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. The kitchen is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, especially if they are not operating as economically as they should. If you might be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with styles from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less electricity. The appropriate temperature for food is 37F in the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use less electricity. One more way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, because the motor won’t have to go as often.
The kitchen on its own provides you with many small means by which energy and money can be saved. It is quite straightforward to live green, all things considered. It’s concerning being sensible, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to turkey bone gumbo recipe. You can cook turkey bone gumbo using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Turkey Bone Gumbo:
- Get of Gumbo.
- Get 1 cup of plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chopped onions.
- Use 1 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 1 cup of chopped bell peppers.
- Get to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne: more if you want hotter!.
- Get 1 lb of andouille sausage cut into 1/2 inch slices (may use kielbasa).
- Take 3 of bay leaves.
- Get 6 cup of turkey stock.
- Prepare 3-4 cups of leftover turkey meat.
- Take 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped green onions.
- Get 1 tbsp of file powder.
- Take 2 cup of cooked long grain white rice.
Steps to make Turkey Bone Gumbo:
- In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, combine the oil and flour..
- stirring slowly and constantly for 20 to 25 minutes, make a dark brown roux; the color of chocolate..
- Add onions, celery, and bell peppers and continue to stir for 4-5 minutes, or until wilted..
- Season with salt and cayenne..
- Add sausage and bay leaves, continue to stir for 3-4 minutes..
- Add the turkey stock. Stir until the roux mixture and stock are well combined..
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low..
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for one hour..
- Add turkey. Summer for 2 hours. Skim off any fat that rises to the surface..
- Remove from heat, stir in parsley and green onions..
- Remove the bay leaves and serve in deep bowls with rice..
If you find this Turkey Bone Gumbo recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.