Lemon meringue cake. Easily make this fresh and bold Lemon Meringue Cake recipe for springtime. It features my best vanilla cake, Homemade Lemon Curd & Meringue Frosting! In all honesty, the origin of this cake is simply that I cannot make a go of a lemon meringue pie.
Make the caramelised lemon slices while the cakes are baking. As far as lemon cakes go, this lemon meringue cake takes the cake! One of my all-time favorite lemon cake recipes and it's from my cookbook, The European Cake Cookbook!
Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, lemon meringue cake. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Lemon meringue cake is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Lemon meringue cake is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Easily make this fresh and bold Lemon Meringue Cake recipe for springtime. It features my best vanilla cake, Homemade Lemon Curd & Meringue Frosting! In all honesty, the origin of this cake is simply that I cannot make a go of a lemon meringue pie.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook lemon meringue cake using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon meringue cake:
- Get 6 of eggs at room temperature.
- Make ready 3/4 cup of caster sugar.
- Take 2 tsp of finely grated lemon rind.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 50 grams of unsalted butter, melted.
- Make ready 2/3 cup of lemon curd.
- Take 3/4 cup of caster sugar.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of liquid glucose.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 3 of egg whites, at room temperture.
If you like lemon meringue pie, you'll love this lemon layer cake, layered with lemon pie filling, and topped with a golden meringue baked frosting. It uses a cake mix and prepared pie filling, so it's easy. This Lemon Meringue Cake is bright, fresh and sure to impress! Lemon poppy seed cake with lemon curd and toasted meringue frosting.
Instructions to make Lemon meringue cake:
- Grease a 22cm round x 7cm deep cake pan. Line with baking paper..
- Beat eggs, sugar and rind in a large bowl of an electric mixer for about 8 to 10 minutes, until thick and tripled in size. Fold in sifted flour. Transfer 1/2 cup of egg mixture to a small bowl. Stir in butter. Fold back into egg mixture. Pour into prepared pan..
- Cook in a moderately slow oven ( 160 C) for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown and cake shrinks away from side of pan. Stand for 5 minutes, turn out on a wire rack to cool..
- To make Italian meringue,combine sugar, glucose and water in a small heavy-based saucepan. Stir gently over a low heat until dissolved. Bring to boil. Place a candy thermometer into boiling syrup, boil without stirring, for about 4 minutes, or until temperature reaches 121C (hard-ball stage) remove from heat..
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites in a large bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Don't over-beat. Beating on a medium speed, slowly pour the hot syrup steadily into egg whites continue to beat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until meringue is cold..
- To assemble, cut cake horizontally into three even layers. Sandwich together with curd on a serving plate. Spread 1 1/4 cups of meringue over top and side of cake. Place remaining meringue into a piping bag fitted with a 2cm plain nozzle. Pipe on top of cake. Use a blowtorch to brown meringue just before serving..
Recipe by Tessa Huff for TheCakeBlog.com. This Lemon Meringue Cake is bright, fresh and sure to impress! Lemon poppy seed cake with lemon curd and toasted meringue frosting. A new layer cake recipe by our contributor, Tessa Huff. A Word of Advice: Take It Step by Step.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food lemon meringue cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!