Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Pantry Day Red Beans & Rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Pantry Day Red Beans & Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pantry Day Red Beans & Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. Going to the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthful as possible.
Walk up the stairs. Rather than using an elevator, take the stairs to the floor you live or work on. While this will be tough to do if you live on or if your job is on a super high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is totally do-able. Even if you do live or work on one of the upper floors, you can still get out of the elevator early and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Lots of people opt for the easy elevator ride instead of making an attempt on the stairs. That one flight of stairs—when taken a handful of times a day—can be just the additional boost that your system needs.
There are many things you can go after to become healthy. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or limited diets. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being intelligent about the selections you make each day is a start. Getting as much physical exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. You really want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pantry day red beans & rice recipe. You can have pantry day red beans & rice using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pantry Day Red Beans & Rice:
- Get 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1 small of yellow onion – chopped.
- You need 2 small of celery ribs – sliced 1/4" thick.
- Take 1/2 medium of green bell pepper – chopped.
- Use 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Use 1/4 tsp of black pepper (up to 1/2 tsp if you want a more pronounced peppery heat).
- Use 10 oz of smoked andouille sausage – sliced 1/4" thick.
- Take 1 tbsp of dried parsley.
- Get 1 tsp of Creole or Cajun seasoning (such as Tony Cachere's Original Creole).
- Get 3/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
- Use 3 clove of garlic – chopped.
- Use 3 can of (15oz each) dark red kidney beans – two with liquid, one drained, beans mashed.
- Prepare 3 cup of low sodium/unsalted chicken stock – divided.
- Use 1 cup of uncooked long grain rice.
Steps to make Pantry Day Red Beans & Rice:
- Heat a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Add olive oil. Heat until it is shimmering but not smoking. Add onion, celery, bell pepper, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to just under medium and sweat veggies until onion begins to turn translucent but all are still crisp, stirring often. About 5 minutes..
- Turn heat back up to medium. Add sliced andouille sausage to the pan (I used 4 Johnsonville, "New Orleans Brand" andouille sausage links). Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add parsley, thyme, Creole/Cajun seasoning, chopped garlic and cayenne (if using). Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly so garlic doesn't burn..
- Add two cans of dark red kidney beans with liquid and 1 cup chicken stock to pan. Stir to combine. Drain almost all liquid from third can (leave about 2 tsp, helps with mashing), do not rinse beans. Dump beans into a medium bowl and mash with the back of a fork, slotted spoon, or even hand potato masher. Add mashed beans to pan. Stir to combine..
- Increase heat to medium high, bring to a low boil for about 2 minutes, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Sauce should nice and thick after 20 minutes..
- For rice: While waiting for beans to boil begin making your rice. In another sauce pan bring the remaining 2 cups of chicken stock to a boil over medium high heat, add 1 cup long grain rice. Stir gently, cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook in the same 20 minutes that your beans are simmering. Do not remove the lid in this time!.
- After 20 minutes remove rice from heat and fluff with a fork. Turn off heat for beans, taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Place 1/2 cup rice in each bowl (up to 4 servings), top with desired amount of red beans (roughly 1 cup for us) and enjoy! You WILL have leftover red beans. Lol. As a great pairing try my super easy honey butter cornbread! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/357956-super-easy-honey-butter-cornbread.
If you find this Pantry Day Red Beans & Rice recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.