Bi-colour Sweet Potato Mochi. The pretty purple color is not only for show. The beautiful purple color is due to the powerful antioxidant These mochi cakes and their fillings are really easy to make. These Purple Sweet Potato Mochi are vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free, really healthy and incredibly delicious!
And the taste is incredible all on their own. Sometimes I make them with a few splashes of coconut for a Baked into a waffle these potatoes keep the purple color so well. I have made a few other baked items with the purple sweet potato that I roasted, and it.
Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, bi-colour sweet potato mochi. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Bi-colour Sweet Potato Mochi is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Bi-colour Sweet Potato Mochi is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
The pretty purple color is not only for show. The beautiful purple color is due to the powerful antioxidant These mochi cakes and their fillings are really easy to make. These Purple Sweet Potato Mochi are vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free, really healthy and incredibly delicious!
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook bi-colour sweet potato mochi using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Bi-colour Sweet Potato Mochi:
- Get of For the filling: (each colour).
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked and mashed (purple/honey/japannese) sweet potatoes.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of / 14 gr butter.
- Prepare of For the mochi skin:.
- Take of Double the recipe for the skin if you make 2 colour filling.
- Make ready 3/4 cup of glutinous rice flour (¾ cup = 100 g).
- Make ready 3/4 cup of water (¾ cup = 180 ml).
- Get 1/4 cup of sugar (¼ cup = 50 g).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of potato starch/corn starch (½ cup = 100 g).
- Make ready of For dusting:.
- Get of corn starch/flour starch.
These Purple Sweet Potato Mochi are vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free, really healthy and incredibly delicious! They're also really easy to Purple potato bites with horseradish creme fraiche and caviar – bold colors and big flavors packed into a small, delicious morsel – the perfect starter for. This delicious recipe is for sweet – and bright – Japanese rice and purple potato cakes. You can substitute other leaves for the shell ginger, but it will affect the mochi's distinctive floral and herbal aroma.
Steps to make Bi-colour Sweet Potato Mochi:
- Make the filling: steam about 4 sweet potatoes each colour. Peel the skin and mash while it is still hot. mix with sugar and butter.
- Make the mochi skin: Combine all ingredients together. pls do not omit the sugar as it will keep the mochi skin softer..
- Cover the steamer lid with a towel so the condensation won’t drop into the mochi mixture. Put the bowl into a steamer basket and cover to cook for 15 minutes. Half way cooking, stir with wet rubber spatula and cover to finish cooking. The color of mochi should change from white to almost translucent..
- Cover all work surfaces well with cornstarch; mochi is very sticky! Divide mochi mixture into small ball, dust it with corn starch/potato starch. Make sure to apply potato starch on your hands and the rolling pin too..
- Roll each dough chunk into a circle Place sweet potatoes filling in the center Fold the dough around the filling, crimping the edges together with your fingers.
- Ready to serve.
Peel the purple potatoes and place in cold water in a saucepan. Warabi Mochi: My favorite kind of Japanese mochi, dusted with delicious kinako (roasted soy powder)! Very popular in hot weather in Japan. Color yellow Texture slay (Korean glue blend) Scent sweet potato+cream Size medium Note View this post on. The texture is so much like mochi and is very fun to play with.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food bi-colour sweet potato mochi recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!