Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of modest changes.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to change everything at once or that you have to completely get rid of certain foods from your diet. Even more important than wholly changing your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Soon enough, you will see that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate previously.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork recipe. You can cook creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork:
- Get 1 of pd small red beans.
- Use 1 of pd large red kidney beans.
- Take 2 of pds pulled pork or smoked sausage of your choice.
- Use 5 slices of bacon.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper.
- Take 2 of celery stalks.
- Use 6 cloves of garlic.
- Use 2 tbsp of fresh ginger.
- Get 1 of jalapeno.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Take 2 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Use 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Take 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Take 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Use 1 tsp of dill weed.
- Provide 3 of bay leaf.
- Get 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Take 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Provide 1/4 cup of mustard.
- Take 2 tbsp of chicken bullion base.
- Take 1/4 c of brown sugar (optional).
Instructions to make Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork:
- Cover beans with water and allow to soak overnight. Then, drain beans and remove any bad ones. Set aside..
- Chop bacon into half inch pieces and saute until golden brown and grease is rendered. (I use a magnelite Dutch oven).
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, celery and jalapeno and saute until fragrant and onions are translucent and slightly carmelized..
- Make a paste out of the 2 tbsp of ginger and add to pot. (You can buy ginger already pasted at grocery store) Cook another two minutes..
- Add enough water to cover beans two and half inches then add remaining ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer (covered) on low for two and a half to three hours. Serve over rice..
- I garnished mine with sour cream, jalapeno, dill weed and peperoncini pepper.
If you find this Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.