Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you don’t wish to eat. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. One nutritious alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy diet.
Evidently, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy cajun red beans & rice recipe. To cook creamy cajun red beans & rice you only need 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice:
- You need 1 lb of Sausage.
- Take 1 lb of andouille sausage.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of Seasoning blend (onions, peppers, celery).
- Provide 2 lb of Dried kidney beans.
- You need 1/4 cup of Dale's low sodium marinade.
- Provide 1/4 cup of liquid smoke flavor (hickory).
- Get 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Get 3 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of onion powder.
- Use 3 of medium bay leaves.
- Provide 2 tbsp of low sodium creole seasoning.
- Take 1 of hot water.
- Provide 2 stick of butter.
- Provide of Serving Suggestions.
- Use of Cooked rice.
Steps to make Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice:
- Rinse and Soak beans as you normally would..
- Cut sausage, and andouille, brown well in skillet with seasoning blend. Let stick well to bottom without burning..
- Add soaked beans to slow cooker or thick iron pot..
- Add browned seasoning blend and sausages to the pot..
- Deglaze the skillet. Add 1 cup water to skillet off heat, scrape all the brown up into the water making a dark flavorful broth. Add to pot..
- Add all other seasoning to the pot..
- Pour enough water to cover all ingredients. Slow cook on high in slow cooker for about 4-5 hours until tender to your liking. Or Slow cook in iron pot for 3-4 hours one a low med heat making sure not to stick, adding more water if necessary until tender to your liking..
- After beans are tender turn off heat, stir in 2 sticks butter till melted, mash with potato masher, or back of spoon until creamy enough for your liking..
- Serve over cooked rice..
If you find this Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.