Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red beans with ham recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red beans with ham recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of small changes.
You can obtain results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes immediately. Even more crucial than wholly changing your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Eventually, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate in the past.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to red beans with ham recipe. To cook red beans with ham you need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Red beans with ham:
- Use 1 of leftover ham on bone with about 1 pound of meat left on it.
- You need 1 of handful of garlic cloves (about 5-7).
- Get 1 of medium white onion cut in sixths.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of course ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of juice from cooking ham.
- Use 1 lb of beans (I used light red kidney beans).
- Use 1 1/2 tbsp of Zatarain's Creole seasoning.
- Provide 1 of enough water to cover ham halfway.
- You need 2 cup of water (may need to add more).
- Take 1/2 can of rotel.
Instructions to make Red beans with ham:
- In a crock pot put pepper garlic onion then put Ham on top.
- Add the juice from cooking the Ham and enough water to come halfway up the ham cook on low over night.
- In the morning add the beans (make sure to look through them) Zatarain's Creole seasoning ½ can rotel and 2 cups water.
- Cook on low all day. When you get home or at some point during the day check the liquid level. Add more if necessary..
- Eat over rice with some corn bread..
If you find this Red beans with ham recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.