Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Battenburg Cake (gluten free) 🧈 recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Battenburg Cake (gluten free) 🧈 recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Every person knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the conclusion of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy.
Drink water, not other beverages. Soda and coffee, when consumed in small amounts, aren’t that bad. Using them for your lone source of hydration, however, is dumb. Having water instead of other types of drinks is a good way to aid your body in its health and hydration. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Water is typically one of the keys to really slimming down and leading a healthful lifestyle.
There are a whole lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or limited diets. Little things, when done each day, can do a lot to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. A good amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your health levels. It is more about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to battenburg cake (gluten free) 🧈 recipe. You can cook battenburg cake (gluten free) 🧈 using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Battenburg Cake (gluten free) 🧈:
- Provide 175 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 175 g of butter.
- Take 140 g of gluten free self raising flour (I love doves farm).
- Take 50 g of ground almonds.
- Provide 3 of eggs.
- Take 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Use 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of almond essence.
- You need of Pink and yellow food colouring gel.
- Take of To assemble:.
- Prepare 500 g of golden marzipan (pre made or bought).
- Prepare 1 jar of Apricot conserve.
- Get of Icing sugar for dusting counter.
Instructions to make Battenburg Cake (gluten free) 🧈:
- Preheat the oven to 160c. Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds until soft. Once softened, add to a large mixing bowl with the sugar. Whisk to a cream with an electric whisk for 2-3 mins..
- Add the almonds, eggs, baking powder, xanthan gum, vanilla essence and almond essence. Whisk with the electric whisk for 30 seconds to combine..
- Sift in the flour. Fold in with a metal spoon until a smooth mixture has formed..
- Split the mixture equally into two bowls. Add 3 small drops of colouring gel to each bowl and stir. Add more if you want darker colours. Gel works better than liquid colouring as it doesn’t affect the consistency of the cake mix..
- Distribute the mixture into two rectangular tins..
- If you don’t have a battenburg tin loaf tins work well, or use a square tin divided into two..
- Cook at 160c for 15-25 mins. Using long rectangular tins took 18 mins, but it will depend on the size of tin you use. Cook until the cakes start to brown on the top. Use a cake tester or end of a teaspoon to check it’s cooked through in the middle..
- Once fully cooled, use a sharp knife to slice the cake in half long ways..
- Microwave the apricot jam for 30 seconds until runny. Dust a large chopping board or worktop with icing sugar and use a rolling pin to roll out the marzipan so it it big enough to cover all 4 sides of the cake. Use a teaspoon to coat in a layer of jam..
- Carefully lift the cake slices into the centre of marzipan. Use the remaining jam as a glue to hold the segments together..
- Fold the marzipan over the cake. Flip the cake over so the join is at the bottom. Use a sharp knife to cut either end to make them neat. Serve and enjoy!.
I made this battenburg for Chris's birthday recently since I know it's one of his favourite cakes in the whole world, even more so than the Amaretti. When you slice open a Battenburg cake, the insides reveal a "checkerboard" pattern of alternating pink and yellow. It's a great party cake for all ages and a perfect afternoon. This yummy and light sponge cake is a popular treat in England. When you slice open a Battenburg cake, the insides reveal a.
If you find this Battenburg Cake (gluten free) 🧈 recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.