Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Paella – Valencia Style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Paella – Valencia Style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, merely making a few minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t wish to eat. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to paella – valencia style recipe. To cook paella – valencia style you only need 34 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Paella – Valencia Style:
- Get 2 lbs of mild chorizo sausage small balls.
- Get 2 lbs of chicken cubed.
- Take 2 lbs of prawns (or half and add clams or mussels).
- Provide 2 of red peppers, julienned.
- Provide 1 cup of frozen pkg frozen peas, thawed (optional).
- You need 1 cup of chick peas or 1 540 g can, drained and washed.
- Prepare 3 cups of rice (parboiled rice or a good Paella rice found in most gourmet shops).
- Use 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Take 5 g of Spanish saffron.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Provide 2 litres of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of bulb garlic, chopped fine.
- Provide 1/2 cup of olive oil (extra virgin oil like Gallo.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of fish sauce if you are not using a seafood broth.
- Provide of Tools.
- Take of Use cast iron or steel pan.
- Prepare of Wooden spoon to stir.
- Prepare of Paring knife (to remove garlic centre).
- Provide of Sharp cutting knife or preferred chopping choice.
- Get of Bowls.
- Get of Cutting board.
- You need of Ingredients for 8 people.
- Use 1 lb of chorizo sausage chopped or made into bite sized balls.
- You need 1 lb of chicken cubed.
- Provide 1 lb of prawns.
- Get 1 lb of clams or mussels.
- Provide 1/2 cup of thawed frozen peas.
- Provide 1.5 cups of rice.
- Get 1 sprig of rosemary.
- Take 2.5 grams of saffron.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Get 1 ltr of chicken or seafood broth.
- Get 1 of bulb garlic.
- Take 3/4 cup of olive oil.
Instructions to make Paella – Valencia Style:
- HINT If you have people sensitive to garlic before mincing garlic, take the heart out which is the green piece in the middle of the clove. Briefly sauté garlic and julienned peppers in 1/2 of the oil. For 5 minutes on medium heat. Add salt lightly, to taste. Remove peppers from pan and set aside. Leave garlic in pan..
- Sauté the chorizo sausage and the cubed chicken on medium heat for about 5 minutes, remember you are adding fresh ingredients to the pan so salt lightly for taste. Next add the rice. Saffron add 1 tsp of salt and the remaining oil. Sauté the ingredients in the pan for about 5 minutes. Even out the remaining ingredients in the pan and place the two sprigs of rosemary in the pan. Now you do not stir again..
- Add the warm chicken broth by using a ladle until the rice is covered in the pan. Do not dump the broth in as you want to keep the evenness of the rice on the bottom of the pan. Do not forget to add salt for taste. Scatter the chick peas evenly in the pan. Remember do not stir in. Let simmer for 20 minutes..
- Add shrimp and seafood of choice along with peas and re add peppers, arrange the remaining ingredients so that no mixing is required. Ddistributing evenly in pan..
- Cover with tinfoil and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until rice is cooked..
- HINTS – You can freeze the left over Paella but not for a long period of time. You could place in the oven to heat up. You can also re-fry the left over Paella in pan by adding some oil..
If you find this Paella – Valencia Style recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.