Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Enchiladas – Red or White Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Enchiladas – Red or White Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle requires. Going to the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some hints to be as healthful as possible.
Make smart choices when shopping for groceries. Making good decisions when shopping for food means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to deal with a chaotic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You’re going to go home and cook what you have on hand. Your kitchen should be filled with healthy foods and ingredients. This way—even if you decide on something slightly greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still selecting foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are many things you can do to become healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Make smart choices every day is a great start. Getting as much physical exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about losing weight. You need to help to make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to enchiladas – red or white sauce recipe. You can cook enchiladas – red or white sauce using 22 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Enchiladas – Red or White Sauce:
- Prepare of TIP: Leftover chicken works great!.
- Get 5 of Chicken breasts and/or thighs..
- Provide 15-18 of corn tortillas.
- You need 1 cup of diced green onion.
- You need 1/2 of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of taco seasoning.
- Take of Creamy White Sauce.
- Provide 3 tbsp of butter.
- Get 1 tsp of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Chicken broth.
- Provide 2 cups of milk.
- Provide 2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic salt or to taste.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Take 1 large of or 2 small tomatoes, diced and set aside.
- Use 1 of jalepeno, diced small and set aside.
- You need 2/3 cup of bell pepper diced and set aside.
- Provide 2/3 cup of Red onion diced and set aside.
- Provide 1 cup of Sour cream.
Instructions to make Enchiladas – Red or White Sauce:
- Preheat oven to 350. Heat olive oil in skillet on med-high. Season chicken in hot pan. Sear chicken to brown then cover and turn down heat to low-med turning periodically..
- Meanwhile in a measuring cup wisk together the flour and half of the milk, this prevents lumps. In a large saucepan melt better and pour in milk mixture and stir frequently on low-med heat..
- Once it thickens continue to wisk and add chicken broth, the seasonings and remaining milk..
- Continue to stir periodically for 10 min. It will begin to simmer..
- When chicken is done, place on a cookie sheet or platter to cool. When cooled shred the chicken.
- Stir in the pepper jack cheese and diced vegetables. Cook on low stirring periodically should be thickened some again..
- Stir in sour cream. Taste for any seasoning adjustments you want to make. If sauce is not thickened wisk together a bit more flour in a small amount of milk and add to sauce. Stir on med. Heat and it will thicken. You don't want it too thick, it will also thicken some in the oven..
- In a glass 9×11 pan place a little sauce in the bottom. Using tongs place tortilla in the sauce covering it completely until softened to roll up..
- Drain sauce from tortilla then place the tortilla in the pan, put some shredded chicken and cheddar cheese on tortilla and roll up till snug..
- Repeat for all the tortillas, placing them close together..
- Cover all the tortillas with the remaining sauce and top with the remaining cheddar cheese and green onions. Bake for 20 minutes..
- If tortillas are not mostly covered in sauce cover the pan while baking. ENJOY!.
I like both red and white sauce for enchiladas. I am hit and miss in making good roux. The chicken broth and sour cream were fabulous! Can't wait to use this roux with other dishes. Pressure-cooked chicken is wrapped up in corn tortillas and covered with a cheesy white sauce in this make-ahead meal that freezes well..
If you find this Enchiladas – Red or White Sauce recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.