Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easter Simnel Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easter Simnel Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Every person knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
When you go grocery shopping, be smart about it. When you make wise choices at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier immediately. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to cope with a busy store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to get home immediately and eat something great. Make sure that what you already have is healthy. This makes it easy to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about reducing your weight. It has more to do with making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easter simnel cake recipe. You can have easter simnel cake using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easter Simnel Cake:
- Prepare 175 g of raisins.
- Provide 175 g of sultanas.
- Take 50 g of mixed peel, chopped if necessary.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of brandy, whisky or golden or dark rum.
- Prepare 50 g of whole skinned almonds.
- Take 175 g of self raising flour.
- Prepare 45 g of ground almonds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fine salt.
- You need 11/2 tsp of mixed spice.
- Get 180 g of butter, softened.
- Provide 180 g of soft, light brown sugar.
- Take 3 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- Get of Zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange.
- Get 50 g of glacé cherries, halved.
- Provide 1 tbsp of golden syrup.
- Prepare 75 ml of milk.
- Get 700 g of marzipan.
- Prepare of Sugar syrup, apricot jam or marmalade, to top.
Steps to make Easter Simnel Cake:
- Mix the raisins, sultanas and dried peel in a bowl and pour in the rum, stir, cover and leave to soak. You can do this a couple of hours ahead if you want to..
- Butter a 20in loose bottomed cake tin, then line the base and sides with baking parchment. Cut a second disc of parchment the same size as the base, and set aside for later. Heat the oven to 130C/1/2 Gas..
- Gently toast the whole almonds in a medium oven until golden, keep an eye on them, set aside to cool. Put the flour, baking powder, ground almonds, salt and mixed spice in a large bowl, whisk together to mix and lose any lumps..
- Beat the softened butter in a food processor, or with an electric beater or a vigorously applied wooden spoon until soft, then beat in the sugar. Continue beating until light and fluffy..
- Add the beaten egg to the mixture, a little at a time, continuing to mix. Add a little flour in between the egg to prevent curdling..
- Add the remaining flour mixture and the orange and lemon zests, and fold in with a metal spoon..
- Roughly chop the toasted almonds and add to the mixture..
- Add the cherries, soaked fruit and rum, and golden syrup to the bowl, and mix well, then stir in the milk so you have a soft dropping consistency..
- Add half of the cake mixture to the tin, and smooth level. Roll out about 200g of the marzipan to a disc just smaller than your tin, and place on top of the cake mixture..
- Spoon the rest of the cake mixture in to the tin, smooth the top, and gently place the disc of baking parchment on top. Bake in the oven for 2 and a half hours. This is an unusually long, slow bake, but the end result was perfect..
- When the cake is cooked (test with a skewer), remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin until you can handle it, then remove the tin and baking parchment..
- To decorate brush the top of the cake with warmed apricot jam or marmalade. Roll out a disk of marzipan and use the base of the tin to cut an exact circle. Place on top of the cake..
- Form an edging of marzipan to fit round the outside of the top and mark with a fork. Toast briefly under the grill if you wish until golden. Stick on with more jam..
- Fill the centre with thick glacé icing and decorate with little eggs or other Easter decorations..
The traditional Easter treat popped up again this year, just the other night as I was watching Mary Berry's Easter Feast. That's her latest short cooking series on BBC. A proper Easter bake. "This traditional Easter treat is a great one to make with kids – they'll love rolling out the marzipan, but leave any. The traditional Easter cake, with saffron and citrus peel and topped with marzipan, is the very essence of spring. Simnel cake is a favourite Easter cake in Britain, Ireland and some other countries.
If you find this Easter Simnel Cake recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.