Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Sourdough Bread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sourdough Bread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sourdough Bread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Vitality.
We all know that consuming healthy foods can help us truly feel better within our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough if it is snack time. You can spend hours at the supermarket searching for the perfect snack foods to make you feel healthy. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
Certain foods made from whole grains are excellent for a fast snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that additional boost you need to get going. Eating on the run can be much healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Selecting whole grain food items is always better than eating the processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sourdough bread recipe. You can have sourdough bread using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sourdough Bread:
- You need of Making the loaves.
- Provide of sourdough culture.
- Provide of plain bakers flour.
- Prepare of wholemeal flour.
- Provide of warm water.
- Take of cooking salt.
- Use of Feeding the culture.
- Use of warm water.
- Get of plain flour.
- Prepare of wholemeal flour.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Appliances.
- Use of Large.
- You need of Baking basket or.
- You need of Tea towels.
- Get of Cast iron pot/Sourdough pit.
Instructions to make Sourdough Bread:
- Pore 90% of your culture into a large mixing bowl and add 700g of warm water and stir. Add both flours and stir. Leave on the bench for 10 minutes, add salt and 60~80mls of water and mix with your hands (the mixture will be sticky) leave the mixture on the bench and every 30 minutes turn the mixture over. The temperature of the room will determine how long this takes but its usually 4 hours (turning every half an hour) the finished dough will be soft and stretchy..
- Note=the remaining 10% of your culture should be fed with 60g of plain flour, 60g of wholemeal and warm water until it's a porridge consistency so you can continue to use it to make more sourdough loves.
- Dust the bench with flour, place the finished dough onto the flour and cut it in half. Stretch one loaf by pulling north and south and placing back and then pulling east to west and placing back. Then shape your dough to a tight loaf shape. Leave for 10 minutes (if you would like to have an olive or fruit loaf simply add during the shaping process).
- Place loaves into your dusted baskets or bowls with tea towels and flour and put in the fridge overnight.
- Heat your oven and cast iron pot at 265 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Place your dough in the cast iron pot, score the top of the loaf with a sharp knife and put the lid on and bake for 25 minutes at 235 degrees.
- Remove from the oven with care and take the lid off and place bake for another 15 minutes.
- Enjoy! If done correctly you sour dough should be delicious, have a glossy texture and have many air pockets (for a cleaner cut I advise to let your loaf cool beforehand).
Sourdough bread has a thick, chewy crust and soft, airy interior. It is comforting, savory and so easy to make using only using flour, salt, and water. Learn how to make your own starter, maintain it, and turn. Learn to make Sourdough & discover why sourdough is the healthiest bread. It is #sourdoughseptember and time to celebrate the harvest and baking for the year to.
If you find this Sourdough Bread recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.