Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best California 100% Whole Grain Sourdough Bread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to California 100% Whole Grain Sourdough Bread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. There are a number of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, merely making some modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. It can also be good for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. It might be that you already feel that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
All in all, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to california 100% whole grain sourdough bread recipe. You can have california 100% whole grain sourdough bread using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook California 100% Whole Grain Sourdough Bread:
- You need of Sourdough Starter.
- Use of Flour.
- Get of Water.
- Prepare of Salt.
Instructions to make California 100% Whole Grain Sourdough Bread:
- Day 1 Find a plastic or glass container to build, feed, and keep your starter. Mix: • 3 tbsp of starter (Sourdough starter, or build your own with 4 tbsp of flour and 2 tbsp of water – mix and store in closed container for 12-24 hours at room temperature or until you see bubbles – then use it for this recipe) • 3 tbsp of water • 3 tbsp of flour Rest: for 12 hours The starter will become active and form bubbles, and it will smell like sourdough due to the fermentation process..
- Day 2 From the previous step of day 1, you are going to take only 3 tbsp of the mixture, which is your starter. Step 1 – Mix: • 3 tbsp of starter (from day 1 starter you build) • 3 tbsp of water • 3 tbsp of flour Rest: for 5 hours Step 2 – Mix: • 3 tbsp of step 1 starter. • 1 ¼ cup of flour • 1 cup of water Just mix all the ingredients and put in a closed container and let it rest at room temperature. Rest: 12 hours (overnight will be best).
- Day 3 This is the day that you will be making your bread (yay!). I promise that at the end, the work and patience will be all worth it. After the larger starter you build before and sit for 12 hours, you are going to do the following:.
- Step 1 – Mix (just to incorporate and distribute all the ingredients – do not overmix): • 2 2/8 cups of starter (almost all the starter you prepared the day before) • 8 cups of whole grain flour • 6 1/4 cups of water (ADD ONE cup at a time and if you use white flour, you will need to adjust the water)..
- 2 ½ tbsp of salt Rest: 45 minutes (Do not make a dough, this is just to mix the ingredients together. Rest in a closed container at room temperature) It is going to look chunky like the photo:.
- Step 2 – Stretch and Fold Watch the video on YouTube titled “The Stretch and Fold technique from Peter Reinhart”. Stretch and Fold only four times the dough (for each time you do it). Put the dough back to your closed container. Rest: 30 minutes.
- Step 3 – Stretch and Fold Follow the same produce from before Rest: 30 minutes.
- Step 4 – Stretch and Fold Follow the same produce from before Rest: 30 minutes.
- Step 5 – Divide and shape the dough, then rest right before baking • Divide the dough into 2 dough pieces. This recipe will give you two loaves of bread. You can use a rectangular bake pan for this. • Shape dough. Watch video on YouTube “Bread 101 – basic white bread shaping and baking loaf”. This will give you an idea on how to shape and pan the dough. • Let the dough rest inside the pan for 1 or 2 hours, or until it has reached the top of the bake pan..
- Step 6 – Bake Bake the bread at 475 F for 45 minutes, or until dark brown on top. Let the bread cool down before cutting it. Enjoy. You could add steam to your oven by adding 1 cup of hot water to your lower rack pan and removing it after 10 minutes..
This bread is made with sprouted wheat and sprouted khorasan, and two sourdough preferments. It is perfect sliced fresh with butter or toasted for breakfast. Sourdough whole wheat bread is a Wonderfully nutritious bread. With our tips you will have great success with baking whole grain sourdough bread using either white or red wheat berries. A big thanks to Lutz from Plötzblog and Gerd from Ketex.de whose posts have provided the Thanks to my grain mill, I can make the spelt bread simply from a bag of spelt grains, milling what I need and leaving the grains for the soaker whole.
If you find this California 100% Whole Grain Sourdough Bread recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.