Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ackee and Saltfish Fritters recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ackee and Saltfish Fritters recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Improve Your Mood.
A lot of us believe that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we ought to avoid them. Often, if your comfort food is a sugary food or another junk food, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be really nutritious and good for you. There are several foods that basically can boost your moods when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
Cold water fish are wonderful for eating if you wish to fight depression. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. DHA and omega-3s are two things that improve the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s true: chomping on a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you fight depression.
So you see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are terrible for you to feel better! Go with these tips instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ackee and saltfish fritters recipe. You can have ackee and saltfish fritters using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Ackee and Saltfish Fritters:
- Take 2 cup of saltfish (salted cod).
- Take 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour (more or less).
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Provide 1 can of ackee (if you want just saltfish fritters just omit this).
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- Use 2 of Green onions, chopped.
- Provide 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 of Scotch bonnet pepper,minced (more if you like it spicy).
- Get 1 of egg.
- Prepare of salt and pepper (if you removed to much of the salt from the fish).
- Use 2 cup of oil for frying.
- Get 2 of garlic cloves,minced.
Instructions to make Ackee and Saltfish Fritters:
- Wash and rinse the saltfish, then boil/cook the salt fish, drain then bring to boil again, cool then continue with the rest of the recipe (this is to mainly cook out all that extra salt).
- Drain and rinse the can of ackee and set aside..
- Using your hands, shred the saltfish in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the ackee and oil and mix to combine..
- Slowly fold in the ackee, trying not to mush it too much (you want some bigger pieces in there).
- Heat the oil in a pan to medium, drop spoonfuls of mixture and fry until golden brown. ENJOY! 😊.
If you find this Ackee and Saltfish Fritters recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.