Chocolate Covered Cherries. Chocolate-covered cherries are a traditional popular dessert confection. Variations include cherry cordials with liquid fillings often including cherry liqueur, as well as chocolate-covered candied cherries and chocolate-covered dried cherries. Your Chocolate-Covered Cherries Are Now Finished!
The only thing I will do next time is double dip the bottoms- they tend to spring a leak and get a bit sticky. How to make chocolate covered cherries. Our goal is to teach you how to make the perfect chocolate cherry just like you buy in the store for half the cost.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, chocolate covered cherries. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chocolate Covered Cherries is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Chocolate Covered Cherries is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Chocolate-covered cherries are a traditional popular dessert confection. Variations include cherry cordials with liquid fillings often including cherry liqueur, as well as chocolate-covered candied cherries and chocolate-covered dried cherries. Your Chocolate-Covered Cherries Are Now Finished!
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have chocolate covered cherries using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chocolate Covered Cherries:
- Get of fondant.
- Prepare of confectioners sugar.
- Make ready of butter, softened.
- Make ready of milk.
- Make ready of almond extract.
- Prepare of invertase.
- Make ready of additional ingredients.
- Make ready of jars of maraschino cherries, with stems.
- Make ready of cherry flavored brandy.
- Get of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Take of white chocolate chips.
- Prepare of Crisco.
- Make ready of optional garnishes.
- Prepare of mini M&Ms candies.
- Make ready of finely chopped pecans.
- Get of candy sprinkles.
- Make ready of Heath bar chips.
How To Make Chocolate-Covered Cherries Better Than Anyone. Even you should go above and beyond with chocolate cherries. A wide variety of chocolate covered cherries options are available to you. These chocolate covered cherries are made with maraschino cherries, a creamy center and plenty of dark chocolate.
Steps to make Chocolate Covered Cherries:
- Drain the 2 jars of cherries (save the liquid–it's good in cola drinks!). Split the brandy between the 2 jars of cherries. If cherries aren't completely covered by the brandy, add some of the reserved cherry liquid to cover. Replace the jar lids and refrigerate for 2 days..
- In a small mixing bowl (from electric stand mixer) combine the fondant ingredients and mix well. Knead until smooth and form into a large ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate..
- Drain the 2 jars of cherries (save the liquid–it's now even BETTER in cola drinks! LOL). Lay cherries on paper towels..
- Roll chilled fondant into 1-inch balls and flatten each into a 2-inch circle. Wrap around cherries to completely cover and smoosh tightly around the lowest part of the cherry stem. You want the cherries to be completely sealed by the fondant, kind of "air tight"..
- Place with stems up on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cover loosely and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight..
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the white chocolate chips in 2 separate coffe mugs. Add 1 tablespoon Crisco shortening to each. (It's best to just work with one of the cups of chips at a time from this point on, dipping half your cherries in the dark chocolate before melting the white chocolate for dipping the other half of your cherries.).
- Microwave chocolate chips for 1 minute. Stir. If not completely melted, continue microwaving ONLY in 5-second intervals, just until melted..
- Holding on to stem, dip cherries into chocolate, allow excess to drip back into the cup of chocolate, and roll (if desired) in any of the additional decorating ingredients. Set on waxed paper to harden..
- Store in a covered container. Refrigerate 1-2 weeks before serving so that the fondant (specifically, the invertase) somewhat liquifies the cherry..
A homemade version of the classic treat that's impossible to resist! Chocolate Covered Cherries Recipe: Line a large plate with parchment paper, and set aside. Combine the liquid coconut oil and sweetener, then stir in the cocoa until a thin sauce forms. Holding stem of cherry, dip cherry into melted chocolate to coat. You can coat half of cherry in white chocolate and half in semisweet.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chocolate covered cherries recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!