Greek Style Breakfast Sausage. Place pork and lamb in a large mixing bowl. Add spices and water to the meat and mix well with hands. Refrigerate for an hour or more for flavors to blend.
Refrigerate for an hour or more for flavors to blend. (Can be made the night before). Fry in a hot skillet until you have a dark brown on each side. Tasted great with my recipe for spanakopita egg cups and fresh fruit! 😛 LeeGoh.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, greek style breakfast sausage. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Greek Style Breakfast Sausage is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Greek Style Breakfast Sausage is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Place pork and lamb in a large mixing bowl. Add spices and water to the meat and mix well with hands. Refrigerate for an hour or more for flavors to blend.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have greek style breakfast sausage using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Greek Style Breakfast Sausage:
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground pork, unseasoned.
- Get 1 lb of Ground lamb.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Oregano.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Ground corriander.
- Take 1 tsp of Fennel seed.
- Take 4 clove of Garlic, minced (about 1 Tablespoon).
- Get 1/2 tsp of Fresh ground black pepper.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- Take 2 each of Zest of 2 oranges, finely grated.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of Ice water.
Loukaniko is an ancient sausage, dating back to Classical times. Nowadays it is a roughly ground Greek country sausage that, like any country sausage, has lots of variation depending on the region and the cook. The only constants I could find after researching these links is that they must include pork, garlic and citrus peel. Cut the sausage into rounds and add them to the pan to turn golden.
Steps to make Greek Style Breakfast Sausage:
- Place pork and lamb in a large mixing bowl..
- Mix all spices well..
- Add spices and water to the meat and mix well with hands..
- Refrigerate for an hour or more for flavors to blend. (Can be made the night before).
- Portion into 16 – 2 ounce portions and flatten into round disks..
- Fry in a hot skillet until you have a dark brown on each side. About 3 minutes per side..
- Drain on paper toweling before serving..
Add the chili flakes, tomato paste, and sauté. Deglaze the pan with the wine and let it evaporate. Top with artichokes, broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes. Greek-Style Sausage and Peppers Greek-Style Sausage and Peppers, or Spetzofai, is a simple dish of sausage and peppers, simmered in a zesty tomato-based sauce. Serve the sausage and peppers with rice or crusty bread for an easy autumn weeknight meal!
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food greek style breakfast sausage recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!