Arepa. The dough for Venezuelan arepas tends to contain a but of fat, making them a tad greasier than their Colombian brother. Before we start let´s give you a brief story about the famous Venezuelan Arepas! Arepa flour, salt, and water are all you need to make the most delicious and versatile South American recipe ever.
It is commonly consumed in Venezuela, Colombia, Panama, Puerto Rico, and the Dominican Republic. A Latin-American staple that can be enjoyed plain. To say that arepas are a simple corn pocket that can fried, boiled, baked, or stuffed is too basic a description for this regional specialty that typifies Colombian and Venezuelan cuisines.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, arepa. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Arepa is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Arepa is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
The dough for Venezuelan arepas tends to contain a but of fat, making them a tad greasier than their Colombian brother. Before we start let´s give you a brief story about the famous Venezuelan Arepas! Arepa flour, salt, and water are all you need to make the most delicious and versatile South American recipe ever.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have arepa using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Arepa:
- Get 2 cups of Harina Pan (precooked maize flour).
- Prepare 2 cups of warm water.
- Get of To taste, salt.
- Take 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
Know the best arepa fillings to enjoy this multicultural meal. You can fill your arepa with infinite variety of food. I guess that is part of the charm of arepas; you can always. Make homemade arepas, popular cornmeal patties from Colombia and Venezuela, using GOYA® Masarepa that will take the idea of everyday Arepas – Cornmeal Patties.
Instructions to make Arepa:
- In a large mixing bowl, add water, oil and salt. Mix well..
- Slowly add the flour into the water mixture and knead into a soft dough. The dough will feel moist, it should have moulding consistency..
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts and roll into balls. Place a ball of dough on the palm of your hand and press it down with the palm of your other hand to flatten it. It should be 3/4"thick and 5"- 6" in diameter. Repeat the same with rest of the dough balls..
- Heat oil on medium flame and fry the arepas till golden in colour..
- Slice the arepa halfway through the side and fill it with fillings of your choice. You can also scrap off some of the dough from the inside to make room for extra fillings. I normally scrap off some of it..
Be the first to write a review! This arepas recipe is the only one you need, from a chef who's studied them until perfection. The fillings, though, are entirely up to you. Arepas can also be cooked on a greased panini press or a grill over low heat. All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food arepa recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!